Discuss Ho can one become MOCOPA authorised Single and Three phase metering engineer? in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hi just joined and first post
In answer to your question very difficult if you dont have a employer to put you through the various DNO authorisations. Where do you live which part of the country ? MOCOPA actually means nothing there is no such authorisation you have to have the DNO authorisation for where you want to work and the MOCOPA part comes into it as these are registered with MOCOPA. So for instance live in northwest= U.U, Merseyside,Northwales,cheshire= scottish power= southwest= western power, northeast=NEDL yorkshire = YEDL ,some DNO's say well if you done western power for instance you can work on our network NOT SCOTTISH POWER they wont let anyone unless you do there course. let me know if you want anymore info.
I been meter fitter for a good while upto CT METERING.

Reply to Ho can one become MOCOPA authorised Single and Three phase metering engineer? in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

When I joined this forum a decade or so back, there was a discussion going on about a welder that was connected with a 3-core cable to L1, L2 and...
Replies
Views
Hello, my name is Kelvin. I'm a trainee hydraulic engineer in Indonesia. I apologize if this question has been answered before / if this question...
Replies
Views
This is quite lengthy so get comfy... I had a bizarre call out relating to a job I attended about five years ago. The situation was they were...
Replies
Views
Greetings I work for a client who has recently negotiated a bigger supply from the supply authority, the client has agreed with Scottish power to...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a regular client who has asked for a battery back up system to be installed at their home. They live in a rural location on a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock