Discuss Hole Cutter for Downlighters in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
S

Spudnik

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Used to have one.

They do save a lot of dust, especially when retro fitting in a customers lived in house, but now i just use the right size normal holesaw.

Its clean dust so it soon hoovers up!

W

WarrenG

Yeah its not so much the dust that attracts me, it the fact that it can be adjusted to different sizes in one unit and for a silly price that appeals.

Its the quality of it that concerns me?

G

Guest123

Hey mate,

I had one of those too, problem i found was that it only has the one cutting blade so tends to be a bit unstable to use at times and you have to use the counter weights and it's all a bit of a pain.

Screwfix do the same kind of thing but this has 2 blades, one at either end so no counter weights needed and the blades last longer as not all the cutting is done by one blade.

I personally prefer the old holesaw myself too.

W

WarrenG

Thanks for the replys!

I do have some holes saws, was just looking at a way of reducing my kit down a bit.

Must admit I didn't expect to much positive feedback on them for the price that they are. :(

S

sivoodoo

..and they are no good when it comes to plaster and laths!

..and they are no good when it comes to plaster and laths!
housebashers who mainly come across latt ceilings they never used plaster on em way back then though !

when old ceilings have been concerned We always go for rip out or reboard to make neat fitting fits better ,even using a holesaw on latts not great.

M

MRES

I like to spend my time accurately marking out the position of the spot lights up and down like a tarts knickers.

Then I reach into my tool box and pull out the lump hammer, I proceed to knock the living daylights out the ceiling until I think the hole I have made is about right, give or take a few inches.

Now thats bespoke !

W

WarrenG

Wearing tarts knickers ........that is bespoke!.........lol :D

M

MRES

You know it. I like to wear em outside of my snickers

S

SEC-Tom

Iv used one of these before and I think theyre very good.

I can't think of many more annoying things than plasterboard in your eyes and hair when cutting downlights. :(

Reply to Hole Cutter for Downlighters in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

Top Bottom