Discuss Home Alarm System in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

Casterina

I have searched online for a GSM home alarm system and Visonic, Yale, Infinite Prime and CommPact seems to be the most popular ones, what are your thoughts and which one you suggest me to purchase?

I have rang two installers today and one said he installs Scantronic alarms and the other one installs Texecom alarms, I believe Scantronic is not as good as Texecom but what are your thoughts?

Is GSM more reliable than using telephone to contact you when alarm is triggered?

Also my house has all the alarm wires fitted when the house was built, should I go for a wired or wireless system?

Thanks

if wiring is installed, then go for a hard-wired system. texecom, scantronic, and gardtech are all good panels. whereabouts are you? one of us may be close.

never fitted one, so don't have a view.out of choice, i fit gardtech 600 or eurosec.

My friends a professional alarm install in the commercial world and he speaks highly of them. I've got PIRs in every room, contacts on all windows downstairs and the doors, plus break glass sensors downstairs and two shock sensors on the French doors set to the most sensitive and one on each window. You literally only have to tap the door and it sets the alarm off. I like the Pyronix kit , looks nice and easy ish to setup.

My friends a professional alarm install in the commercial world and he speaks highly of them. I've got PIRs in every room, contacts on all windows downstairs and the doors, plus break glass sensors downstairs and two shock sensors on the French doors set to the most sensitive and one on each window. You literally only have to tap the door and it sets the alarm off. I like the Pyronix kit , looks nice and easy ish to setup.
what alarm is that?

Castle, are a bit of a closed market for commercial, and believe quite hard to program, unless your well trained on them.....
Back to the op..go 100% wired, Cheaper, more reliable, no batteries to keep changing and more secure. Gsm prevents phone wires being cut, but will need a contract sim, or daily communication. As any pay as you go sim, will cease operation after 30 days of non use.

I'm pretty capable with the castle enforcer, I know how to program it all and the advanced stuff as I've fiddled with my one a lot and installed a few of them. Yes they are not straight forward but once you get your head round it, it's not that bad.

I use wireless everything on mine apart from glass breaks. They are all two way communication and checking, anti jamming and secure, ok yes it's never going to be the same as wired, but it's pretty tight, I only put wireless in as it would have been a pain putting wires everywhere.

Honeywell Galaxy or Scantronic. The rest don't even come close.
As Honeywell own, Galaxy, Scantronic, ADE...comment can only be made by blue chip company fitter. Texecom, being one of the last companies, not being owned by Honeywell, have more ploughed more into R&D than most, and are now becoming the market leaders.

Honeywell Galaxy or Scantronic. The rest don't even come close.

Scantronic is a name that lives on it's past last decent panels they made were the 9500 and 9600. The 9500 was well past it's use by date when it met it's end.

As Honeywell own, Galaxy, Scantronic, ADE...comment can only be made by blue chip company fitter. Texecom, being one of the last companies, not being owned by Honeywell, have more ploughed more into R&D than most, and are now becoming the market leaders.

Scantronic are owned by Cooper Safety who also own Menvier

your correct, Cooper bought them out, as for scantronic, nothing has been upgraded for the past 10 years. And Galaxy only firmware updates Texecom, have really come a long way over the past 10 years.

your correct, Cooper bought them out, as for scantronic, nothing has been upgraded for the past 10 years. And Galaxy only firmware updates Texecom, have really come a long way over the past 10 years.

TBH Scantronic always had a certain arrogance because they had the big boys on board (ADT, Modern etc) buying their kit so didn't need to try

Have never used the Galaxy kit but seems to be the panel of choice for the big companies these days may be they are going the same way as Scantronic

I like the Texecom kit very similar menu and programming to the Menvier kit which I used in the past, somebody told me the Texecom kit had been designed by some of the old Menvier guys don't know how true this is though

Reply to Home Alarm System in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net