Discuss Home automation/AV in the Home Media Centre Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I have been getting a couple of enquiries through architects I've come across in the commercial world for large domestic jobs.

i know very little on home autmation so can anyone point me in the right direction for training please?

cheers

I have looked into this too. The CEDIA qualifications look to be the ones that are recognised in the industry, but they are very expensive and feature pointless (to anyone but a newbie) sessions on Ohm's law and safe site working. If anyone knows of any alternatives to CEDIA it would be nice to hear.

Manufacturers training is the way to go. A lot of them are free and explain their products in detail.
Cedia certification is a joke! I'm cedia certified and can add letters CCP after my name (yeah sure).
At my exam there were a few guys who had to sit the exam 3 times, they literally give the certificates away.
If you dont pass then you dont pay them good money to gain the 30 ceu's req'd to keep your certification after 3 years at 0.5 ceu per hour of training, the fees just mount up.

Manufacturers training is the way to go. A lot of them are free and explain their products in detail.
Cedia certification is a joke! I'm cedia certified and can add letters CCP after my name (yeah sure).
At my exam there were a few guys who had to sit the exam 3 times, they literally give the certificates away.
If you dont pass then you dont pay them good money to gain the 30 ceu's req'd to keep your certification after 3 years at 0.5 ceu per hour of training, the fees just mount up.
Cheers for the reply, what manufacturers or systems do you see as worthwhile? lutron,AMX,KNX etc

im studying knx at the moment and while i can see the potential in large scale buildings stadiums/museums etc its far to expensive for the domestic market in my opinion

Its not often that I look at a product and think "I wish I had thought of that!"
I met one of the founders of JSJS recently and was blown away by their products and KISS philosophy. Their weakness is obviously websites but if you are patient you will find your way around:

https://jsjs.gostorego.com/

They are adding new products to the range all the time.

If anyone knows of another product that can compete on simplicity of maintenance and install and price I would appreciate knowing about it!

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Home automation/AV in the Home Media Centre Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net