Discuss Home CCTV Suggestions in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hikvision is my choice. It's a compromise of quality and costs.

2.8mm lense for a wide angle but they are only of any use to monitor a porch or such like.

definitely new ESP
quite good cameras / dome/ +x HD recorder 1TB, online app from appstore free so You can watch You home from anywhere
look at new sale from TLC direct

Hikvision or Dahua are decent brands for a home setup. Good quality for a reasonable price. There are better quality cameras but the prices are significantly higher, not really worth it for a home system

I've just installed a 2 camera set up from SwannView specifically the DV 4550-2

Easy to set up, internet access and easy to use

Hikvision or Dahua are decent brands for a home setup. Good quality for a reasonable price. There are better quality cameras but the prices are significantly higher, not really worth it for a home system

Just in case anyone stumbles across this, Hikvision and Dahua were both the subject of massive security vulnerabilities built into their camera software: Dahua, Hikvision IoT Devices Under Siege — Krebs on Security - https://krebsonsecurity.com/2017/03/dahua-hikvision-iot-devices-under-siege/ - apparently, they removed the offending code in firmware updates, which you can choose to believe or not ;).

Reply to Home CCTV Suggestions in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Article
Electrical2Go - Home Security: Using Floodlights, CCTV, and Door Entry Systems In an era where technology is advancing rapidly, home security has...
Replies
Views
So can anyone advise me on our rights regarding security cameras in the UK. our house is detached and i have my own cameras positioned low so not...
Replies
Views
Hi. A client has asked for a home security system as part of a rewire. It occured to me that I'm never installing these only ripping them out...
Replies
Views
I am interested in having a home generator that would provide power to my home when the power is out during hurricane season, etc. I have 2...
Replies
Views
  • Article
There is a virtual Automotive Tech Forum event on 27th and 28th March 2024. This event is being held at the end of March and is a virtual event...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock