Discuss Homebase clearance sale... worth a look.. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

HappyHippyDad

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
My friend let me know last night that Homebase were having 70% of certain things. Usually you just ignore these sales as they are a con. However, this time it is very good. I've just picked up £175 of MK switch gear for £50.

MK sockets £1.65
MK 50 A pull switch £4.95
MK fused spur £ 2.10

etc etc etc

It's not just MK, there are consumer units going for silly prices too. Here is a link Search - Our range - https://www.homebase.co.uk/search/products?q=mk&redirectFrom=Any

They may well have the normal price still marked on them (as they have 1000's of products to do) but the discount is taken off at the till.

We saw things last time online but it was whatever was at each individual store. We looked at some storage boxes I think it was but the nearest was Market Harborough well by the time you had driven from Northampton it wasn't worth it.

£1.65 for MK Logic sockets is pretty good

I picked up a load of homebase GU10 Led bulbs for 99p each for my home stock

When my local Homebase was closing down I got lots of packs of those security bolts, the torx thingies with a central pin, useful for all sorts of jobs. OK, not much more than tamper-proof, but a step in the right direction. Stainless steel, A2 grade, 50p for a pack of 10.
Also, some of you will know I do work for the Men's Shed charity, and when we asked homebase if they had anything they could donate, they gave us their in-house tool kits. They have these so the guys instore can put up kitchen displays, shelving etc and they simply take what tools they need from the sales shelves, then, as they are now "used" they chuck them into big tool boxes for later in-store use. They gave us the lot...most with the labels still on them. Mighty useful, and greatly appreciated. maybe not all top brands, but we were very pleased to have such a donation.

I went in today to my local branch, online it said out of stock but I got a MK shower CU which can be used for small second board, garage, shed etc instead for 13.50 down from £50 which is above the usual wholesaler price as its homebase. https://www.homebase.co.uk/honeywell-4-way-metal-consumer-unit-with-rcd-and-mcb_p413977
also got a nice supply of MCBS for £1.50 each.
Somebody beat me to the larger size CU's but at £13.50 i am quite pleased with my find.
Shall use it on a upcoming job when i have to install rcd protection for a new shower. saved me £20.00 on materials.

It all sounded great until you said it was all MK stuff. Once great now shyte.

Reply to Homebase clearance sale... worth a look.. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock