Discuss Honda CRV 2019 Door Sills Compatibility Issue - UK part in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
I currently own a Honda CRV 2019 – Touring model (2.4 Liter CVT 4 cylinder engine) –built in Ohio, USA. I’m interested to install illuminated door sill trims for my vehicle. I have checked and confirmed with my local Honda dealership who unfortunately only has OEM illuminated door sills but only comes with the front two trims illuminated. Its’ also a USA built part – Part No: 08E12-TLA-111A. Illuminated Door Sill Trim - https://www.collegehillshonda.com/product/08E12-TLA-111A.html
I’m definitely sure that this part would be compatible with my vehicle and comes with a 6-pin accessory connector that connects to the accessory port in the fuse box located below the dashboard steering area.
I intend on purchasing the OEM illuminated door sills with all four trims as illuminated but this part is only available online from a Honda UK website – Cox motor parts. Genuine Honda CR-V Doorstep Garnishes 2019 Onwards - 08E12TLA610C - - https://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/honda-shop/genuine-honda-cr-v-doorstep-garnishes-2019-onwards/
This part is definitely compatible with CRV’s in UK and also with CRV’s (1.5 liter CVT Turbo charged engine) Part No: 08E12TLA610A
Now the issue I’m confused about is whether the 6 pin on this UK part would be compatible with my USA built vehicle or not. I had spoken to Cox motor parts to send me a photo of the part with the 6 pin connector but they informed me that I must purchase the part first in order for them to share me the part photos. I have gone through the installation instructions for both parts, however it doesn't show the close up photo of the 6 pin connector so you can't find out more about it.
Currently, I’m in a difficult situation and need some expert advice to find out whether this UK part is compatible or not before the product is purchased and shipped from UK. Some reviewers in forums say it is while others say that the wiring found in the turbo charged engine models are different from the wiring found on the 2.4 liter CVT 4 cylinder one.

* Note: Installation Instructions – PDF files are attached for reference.

Attachments

• UK Door Sill -08E12TLA610A.pdf
    9.7 MB · Views: 2
  • USA Door Sill-PN-08E12-TLA-111A.pdf
    819.7 KB · Views: 0

Reply to Honda CRV 2019 Door Sills Compatibility Issue - UK part in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock