Discuss Honeywell 2 amp fused connection unit in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Just a quick questiin can i use a 3 amp for a 2A fused connection unit the factory manuel is saying 2 amp full stop is this 100% or can i use a 3 amp i would of thought this would be sufficiant and then wired to a 6 amp breaker? Never done a alarm system before so making sure as dont want to pop any components

If the manufacturers specify 2 amp then yes that is the size you need to fit, fitting higher could damage the electronics under overload or fault conditions before the fuse operates. The 6amp at the breaker is protecting the cabling you wire to the fused spur... are you sure the 2amp is not applying to internal fuses in the panel itself, usually they do not ask for a 2amp in the fused spur supplying power to the unit thus 3amp will be fine... open the panel up, normally there is a fuse as part of the incoming terminals.

Hi yes thank you for replys its a new install not repair and deffo not fuses inside ask for 2 amp non switched spur it says switch spur but i prefer to use non switched spur children and all that

If you are a spark, best "open" up your profile so people can see your experience

As for fuses, as others have pointed out, you can buy 2A fuses (and others) so buy a few packs for your stock...

honeywell are wrong saying to use a sFCU. should be unswitched. so they're probably wrong about the fuse size also. i've been installing alarms since 1981 and without exception, all call for a 3A unswitched FCU.

I did know they have intenal fuses its the external we are on about thanks for reply guys girls

My asking about internal fuses was to do with @Michael Sands post #2. IMO a 3A fuse would be ok as the PCB has it's own fuses to protect that.

honeywell are wrong saying to use a sFCU. should be unswitched. so they're probably wrong about the fuse size also. i've been installing alarms since 1981 and without exception, all call for a 3A unswitched FCU.
I agree with this.

There is a fuse within the panel that protects all the equipment and a 3A fuse should protect your flex to panel perfectly fine...

Reply to Honeywell 2 amp fused connection unit in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock