Discuss Honeywell Accenta G4 - Silent Alarm Set in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi All

Just installed a Honeywell Accenta G4 and everything works perfectly.

I have a remote keypad upstairs on the landing. I have Program 2 set to activate all downstairs zones, which we use at night. Program 2 is set to arm itself silently.

I type in our alarm code and press P to silence the exit sound (since Program 1 is not set to silent). I select Program 2 and it sets. However...

If the landing PIR is activated during this process it then makes the exit sound until Program 2 is fully activated (exit time is 20 seconds).

If the landing PIR is not activated it is silent.

Any ideas? Is this just a flaw with the Honeywell alarm?

Thanks

Nick

can you relocate the upstairs keypad so that the landing PIR does not activate when setting?

Unfortunately the PIR manages to get complete coverage of our landing and that's where the wiring is located. To move the box into perhaps a bedroom would require a lot of relocation. Not something I want to do.

Program 2 does set okay but the noise it makes if the sensor sees something is very annoying. Can't understand why Honeywell didn't think about this. Maybe I'm missing something.

I don't understand your reply. All I'm asking is if this is the way the honeywell system behaves? I'd prefer to select program 2 first and then type the code. However, you enter the code first and then tell it to set program 2 rather than 1. If the sensor detects something before you tell it to actually set program 2 it then ignores the fact that it's set to silent.
Personally I think that's an oversight by them if this is how it behaves.

If I've understood correctly - the area you're trying to set sees an alarm condition during the exit timer (?). If so, I'm not really surprised it beeps, as its warning you are about to get an earfull.
Edit - just read #5, so probably not what I thought, sorry.

Hi Wilko, it's a strange one. It buzzes because it starts out activating program 1, so thinks there's a fault because the landing zone is tripped. Fair enough.

As soon as you press P it's supposed to go silent while it waits for the user to choose another program. However, it complains about the landing zone. As soon as I select program 2 it gives the exit tone but it should be silent, which it is if the landing zone isn't triggered. Weird oversight.

Seems that it's not an exact science...

If you enter your code and press P it silences the keypad/speaker.

If while waiting for the user to select the program some condition changes it activates the sound again based on program 1. So if there was a fault that clears while in the program select screen you get the normal exit tone. If there was no fault and it detects one you then get a fault sound. When you select program 2 that sound continues. You can actually stop the sound by pressing P again. It displays the options but they can be ignored.

Just odd. Someone's not followed all the logic routes in the system.

Hi Buzz, I might do that. I'm positive now that it's just the way this alarm is and it's not a huge issue now I've realised that pressing P after setting program 2 mutes the sound. I was just hoping to find someone on here that has experience with the Honeywell systems.

For part set program 2 do you require the landing PIR's zone to be a Used Zone? My reading is that you have a keypad in this PIR's field of view so you may not need it to be in use in which case you can clear its flag in the in Used Zones data word. See page 38/56 of:

https://www.security.honeywell.com/uk/documents/IE1-0040-Rev1-engineer.pdf

If you do need the landing PIR to be in use then, for Program 2, you can select it as a Used Zone and also make it a Timed Zone so that it behaves like the main entry front door zone viz a delay on departure and a delay on entry to allow you to set and unset at the keypad.

And because you select program 2 after program 1 I think you may need to make the landing PIR an Inhibited Zone for Program 1 (one) so that in the short interval between selecting Program 1 and then Program 2 any detections it makes are ignored. At the moment I think the landing PIR is neither a Timed nor Inhibited Zone for Program 1. When you do select Program 1 then once the alarm is set the landing PIR will be an Immediate Zone as you want it to be.

These are the things I would check and try. I have installed two systems but without remote keypads so little experience really of any quirks of the panel.

Last edited:

Reply to Honeywell Accenta G4 - Silent Alarm Set in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock