Discuss Honeywell / ADE - Optima and Remote KeyPad in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi I have just installed a Optima G4 panel and connected up to a remote Keypad. The alarm works ok however the RKP is displaying the "System Optima G4, Software installed and Build number". I guess l have to activate this. How do you enable the Remote key pad (RKP) from the panel or get this functioning. In the engineers manual it only talk about activating the PA on the RKP. Help would be appreciated

Power down, remove battery the power up again, mains first....if no joy, wiring incorrect or keypad faulty

Tazz thanks for your input. I have not connected the battery at present and the system has been power up and down several times. I have noticed one discrepancy in the paperwork in the LCD installation guide paperwork the common and sound are on TBI 2 (sound) and 3 ( 0v) in the Optima installation manual TB1 sound is on 3 and 0v is on 2 which is what l have wired to as the indication on RKP PCB was sound on TB1 terminal 3 terminal 2 0v. from this l suspect the RKP must be faulty

Tazz thanks for your input. I have not connected the battery at present and the system has been power up and down several times. I have noticed one discrepancy in the paperwork in the LCD installation guide paperwork the common and sound are on TBI 2 (sound) and 3 ( 0v) in the Optima installation TB1 sound is on 3 and 0v is on 2 which is what l have wired to as the indication on RKP the PCB was sound on TB1 terminal 3 terminal 2 0v. from this l suspect the RKP must be faulty

The RKP connections (J5) on panel are 6 cores and labelled like for like on RKP.

Hi thats correct J5 is on the Optima panel and has 6 connection and RKP has 6 connections between TB1 and TB2 and they are wired correctly to the PCB's It looks like a printing error in the installation manuals

Last edited:
There is no printing error in manual....13v, ov sound, comms and tamper go to j5 13v 0v, sound, comms and tampers

Hi l agreed with the connection, the error is in the RKP installation guide where the TB1 connection +13v, sound, 0v, differ to the PCB's +13v, 0v, sound and the Optima manual. The RKP installation guide came with the RKP

Last edited:
There are no faults on the panel. The panel works fine on setting the alarm and triggering thats why l thought there must be a enable code in System Settings. Flag 3 on page 23 of the install guide shows the display but nothing else. (I think is is intended to to show software version). On the RKP the tamper works and the "back light" is on

If panel is all ok and works with onboard keypad, the keypad is still in eng mode or locked, ...power down panel and on remote keypad only short nvm pins with srewdriver and power up with pins still shorted. after 5 secs remove, keypad show kick back to factory reset....main panel will remain programmed

ok on the optima the lcd kepad was an after thaught....hence the panel and the keypad are programmed separately

Tazz
Reading the LCD keypad installation instruction it has the technical spec and in this it talks about the default entry code 0123. Is there a code for the LCD keypad or Does this take the code from the panel as l have changed the panel code to xxxx and if l am defaulting the LCD keypad will this cause a problem ?

no the panel has its own nvm, so user codes stay programmed....all the keypad can do is basic panel code changes and programming which is stored on panel......all text and banner programming is stored on keypad memory. So basically you will loose zone texts etc....but codes remain, unless you nvm reset the main panel

Reply to Honeywell / ADE - Optima and Remote KeyPad in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock