Discuss Honeywell Galaxy 2-20 co20 in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Terrystar

DIY
Reaction score
Good evening
looking for some advice. I have a honeywell galaxy g2 alarm system that i have inherited with a pub I have taken over, I need to do a full reset on the panel as it has been disconnected for 18 months due to covid and the previous owners have lost the codes for it.
I have tried to reset the panel as it says on the net, by linking out the siren etc. but this has not worked.
While i understand that the correct information can not be posted publicly I am hoping someone may be able to message me with the correct procedure to reset the panel. I have both the installation and user manuals for the system but these are no help.
Surely some nice person has sorted this issue pout before.

you need engineer code. maybe easiest to bite the bullet and get ADT or whoever to call out and do it for you. expect to pay around £150 -£200.

you need engineer code. maybe easiest to bite the bullet and get ADT or whoever to call out and do it for you. expect to pay around £150 -£200.
Thanks for that but I am not willing to do that, if necessary I will swap the panel out first but it was working well before being turned off and as i live away from the property the dial facility would be handy to have. ADT want to get a new contract out of me for the alarm but not going to happen as they are too expensive

you could try that its been a long time since i worked on these so i cant remember how to reset the NVM

I've done the reset a few times, resetting the codes without wiping the system programming. I can't remember how though, the last one I did was over a year ago. IIRC the method in the manual doesn't work. This type of information is not publicly available on the web for obvious reasons! I do like Galaxy alarms though, super flexible systems.

Might be a bit late to the party with this but to reset the nvm.
1. Remove panel lid
2. Remove bell tamper
3. Wire a link between zone 1 and 0v.
4. Remove panel battery
5. Remove power from panel.
6. Reapply power and battery
7. Remove links and reconnect bell tamp

Panel now back to factory defaults. If is a G3 panel you simply remove the battery off the PCB to default.

Reply to Honeywell Galaxy 2-20 co20 in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net