Discuss Honeywell Galaxy series 2-20 in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
my external sounder/bell and LEDs (not flashings) to have no power going to it. Do these boxes have a battery fitted?
The PSU has the correct voltages and fuses are good.

Reason for asking before climbing up to box is because I may need to get scaffolding to reach box.

How old is the external sounder, have you tried disconnecting the power to it to see if it sounds if it doesn't I would suspect the battery has not been connected at install / commissioning as it is unusual for the battery to totally fail in the sounder unless they are well over 10 or more years old

How old is the external sounder, have you tried disconnecting the power to it to see if it sounds if it doesn't I would suspect the battery has not been connected at install / commissioning as it is unusual for the battery to totally fail in the sounder unless they are well over 10 or more years old
Hi UNG,
it is a new build house (4 years old) and when removing the Mains Power from the distribution box it does not sound neither either are the LEDs flashing, it did work when it was handed over from the builder but to be honest we don't use the alarm that much and it was when I realised the LEDs were not flashing that something was wrong.

Hi UNG,
it is a new build house (4 years old) and when removing the Mains Power from the distribution box it does not sound neither either are the LEDs flashing, it did work when it was handed over from the builder but to be honest we don't use the alarm that much and it was when I realised the LEDs were not flashing that something was wrong.

Removing mains power from the panel does not necessarily cause the external sounder to activate
As Tel said time to investigate the external sounder be aware that taking the cover off may make it sound and close up they can be loud

Hi Scouse, I have checked the voltage to the sounder and I have 12 volts dc coming in and the battery is good at 6v. however, no LEDs flashing and sounder is not working. I have checked for continuity on the sounder and that is good. I suspect the PCB itself, is that likely? it is 4 years old. Any help appreciated.

does the sounder sound when
1. you take cover off, and 2. if you diss. the battery leads?

does the sounder sound when
1. you take cover off, and 2. if you diss. the battery leads?
Hi scouse
I was getting a 12 v reading on the - side and as I was going in from an angle thought I had the correct voltages but looks like the + side the wire is broken somewhere. I have used one of the spare leads and now have a fully functional alarm system. Thanks for all your help.

Reply to Honeywell Galaxy series 2-20 in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net