Discuss Honeywell Installer Training Course - Feedback in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

LlandrilloSpark

Fella's

I attended the Honeywell Installer Training Course today in the Pinewood hotel in Wilmslow, absolutely superb short course.

£35 gets you about 6 hour delivery, 2 course hot lunch, non stop coffee & water, plus a twix bar or egg custard in the afternoon!.

At the end you get your certificate, a Honeywell cloth bag which contains a 125 A4 page installer training manual with schematics diagrams ect of all their products, also a 150 odd A4 page Control Products and Systems book, a 40 A5 page wiring book for all honeywell systems, plus a dvd/cd rom.

I think the course is obviously aimed more at plumbers and heating engineers as out of 11 i was the only spark there, but for those who struggle with S and Y plans and how they work and what they do, I strongly recommend this course.

There is a 1hr practical wiring of S and Y plans, with the S plan coming back in fashion its something worth looking at.

Mike

I've been on this course as well, though thought it was more aimed at introducing you to their other products. The wiring bit was okayish but I did not learn anything. Was hoping they would introduce some faults so we could do fault diagnosis but that did not happen. I suggested that to them but they said that would take all day. They were obviously thinking more about sales than real life fault finding. But the food was very good, and it was interesting to mix with plumbers and hear their opinions on products/installations. If you can afford to take a day off from earning then £35 is not a bad price for what you get.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk

Having been on this course today, I can also recommend it.
It gave me a lot more knowledge of how the CH system works, and makes it pretty easy to wire up boilers once you understand what each part does. Of course, it is an all day long sales pitch for Honeywell too, but is not bad for that, as their kit does seem to be the best, or close to the best, albeit it is a little more expensive for some parts.
They have new wireless kits that do away completely with wired stats, so the only physical wiring is to the programmer and boiler.
They are starting an advance course next year, which will probably start around June, to do it, you need to go on this course first. They are starting the Courses In February again i think they said, so if CH systems are a little unclear to you, this will go a long way to show you how to do it.
Alan.

Reply to Honeywell Installer Training Course - Feedback in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net