Discuss Honeywell mini gen4 / bell box ag6 alarm system in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

benish

Hi this is my first post, I wanted to post this in the DIY forum but it was locked?

I recently bought a new alarm system to go in our house, I've wired it all myself and followed all the manuals and consulted this and other forums for help when needed.

I have had the system working just fine since the weekend and today I climbed up and attached the Accenta AG6 bell box/sounder to the wall. all wires are correct to the manual as follows
G4 AG6
ST- ST Yellow
T Rtn White
A Green
D Red
B Blue

The manual states blue would go to SW on the AG6, It actually only says S.
Firstly when I connected it all and powered it up, the alarm would not shut up, unless I removed power. I checked over everything, I changed fuses, I took the bell off the wall and wired it next to the panel, still no luck. I then removed the blue cable and in fiddling around I blew the fuse at the panel as I hadn't disconnected the battery. I replaced it and tried again still nothing.
I then realised I never moved the link from TEST to BATT on the AG6. Voila! It stopped!
But now the AG6 will not sound at all. Doing a bell test, setting the system off it just won't sound. The strobe however flashes. I troubleshooted some more and swapped the yellow ST- strobe connector at the AG6 with the S sounder. I powered up again and did the tests, the sounder now rings when the system goes off or when I select strobe test. However when I select bell test the strobe doesn't work.
Therefore I believe the connector B (blue wire) at the panel must be shot.

Can anyone advise me on what to do?
Is it possible to connect sounder and strobe to the strobe connector at the panel and run them both together?

Thanks for help

Ben

when you select bell test, it might be just the bell that should activate on it's own. try a full alarm situation. tre bell and strobe should activate. cancelling the alarm with the user code should silence the bell, but the strobe should continue till you reset the panel. several members around the leeds/bradford area might be able to call-out for a reasonable fee if you're stuck.

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I have tried a full alarm situation and the bell doesn't sound. The strobe does though.

I got a voltmeter and took these readings

All wired as per the diagrams, only the right Led on, no alternate flashing

+/- 13.6v (as expected)
S/- 4.4v (IS THIS TOO LOW?)
S/+ 9.2v
St/- 12.4v
St/+ 11.5v

With strobe test activated, and strobe flashing
St/- .725
St/+ 12.87v

With bell test activated, but again it isn't sounding
S/- 4.4v
S/+ 9.2v

If I remove the wire running B at panel to S at siren (the sounder wire)(led now flash alternate)
At ag6
S/- 12.62v
S/+ 9.6v
At panel
B/+ 13v
B/- 0v

Can anyone tell me with those readings which is the faulty unit?!

Thanks

Reply to Honeywell mini gen4 / bell box ag6 alarm system in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net