Discuss Honeywell rf chronotherm in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

kevinreilly

Hi Guys

Just wondering if anyone can help me? Ive tried to install one of those honeywell rf chronotherm today and wired it according to the diagram, I know there supposed to be pretty simple but it does nt seem to kick the boiler. The receiver next to the combi is picking up the clock switching on and off but not firing the combi itself. I have tested the switch side of the receiver and only getting continuity when switched, but no voltage. Ive used a 5 core flex L N E and the other 2 cores for the stat switch inside the combi taking out the existing link. The boiler fires when the existing link is in and just put on a plug top, so its not the boiler.

Any ideas would be a big help

Kev

its pretty simple really its just goes N L L ABC

Live and neutral in and the switch to the boiler is A & B take out the link in the boiler and put them in.

the receiver is switching no voltage (just making contact) when the clock tells it too. That tells me the receiver is wired right!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you think?

I have had a look at the wiring diagram on line, can you test with a continlity tester/meter that A&B are making OK?

It looks like a faulty unit. May be worth seeing if A&C are closed when the unit is off, it may be a dodgey plug on connection.

I hate it when something you have never fitted before turns out faulty out of the box. I always feel it is something I am doing wrong and waste far too much time on it.

Glad to hear you are upand running. I do like Honeywell Kit..

Reply to Honeywell rf chronotherm in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net