Discuss honeywell s plan programmer & glow worm boiler argghhhhhh in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

egginyourface

Can some one advise me on a problem im having with this heating system.

Ive wired the programmer exactly how the instrustions said. it exactly like this diagram

S-Plan

the thing i dont understand is the boiler has a seperate output which is L-N-E to the pump

Then L-N-E & R(switched live from no 10 in joint box ) is this right? Ive also fed pump from no 10 from joint box so im not using the output from boiler.

Also I didnt realise boiler needed perm L so ive pulled in supply.

when ever i call for heating boiler comes on for a short while then turns off after couple of min

Hot water doesnt work at all although terminal 10 goes live when hot water is called for.

plumber is just as confused as me and he thinks he may have mixed flow and return

can this cause this

The boiler neeeds to control the pump as it has an internal sensor for the over run, if you wire the oump from the wiring centre the boiler will lock out on over heat thats why it needs a pem. live

Last edited:
The boiler neeeds to control the pump as it has an internal sensor for the over run, if you wire the oump from the wiring centre the boiler will lock out on over heat thats why it needs a pem. live

Another possible option could be, depending on model, that the additional pump connections may be for an optinal condensate pump which may or may not have been installed.

Need to know boiler model though.....OP????

ok thanks, what about if flow and return mixed? what sort of problem could this create?

the boiler most likely has a flow sensor and wont fire up if the flow is going the wrong way.

take your pump live out of 10 and put it with a core from the boiler pump live terminal in the junction box, so you will have l-n-e-sw-pumplive at the boiler, 5 cores in use

Reply to honeywell s plan programmer & glow worm boiler argghhhhhh in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net