Discuss Hood extractor not working in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi i was called to a job today where a previous electrician had been doing work in a kitchen but hasn't came back. The problem is there is a extractor fan above the cooker which has power to the socket and then power from plug to the mains in to the circuit board but the lamp isnt coming on and the motor isnt working when i switch on any the power levels. The extractor fuse is fine and nothing looks burnt out. The client says it never worked when the electrician connected it.

Did you check the owners manual? There might be several reasons it wouldn't run such as missing filters and sometimes there's a hinged flap that you have to open out of the front of the hood before it will run. There might be others so I'd read the booklet that came with it or google the exact make and model number for a pdf manual.

Reply to Hood extractor not working in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Ikea HOO M10s extractor hood. Lights flash on then stay dimmed. Video of lights turning on here - New video by Matthew Arnold -...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm installing a Hoover oven and would like a little help please. The oven code is HOC3158IN. The oven manual states "The power cable must...
Replies
Views
Hi, I live in a property built in 1911. It has had asbestos artex applied to every ceiling in the house. I am currently creating a new...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I did train as an electrician but never worked as one so my experience is limited and ive not done anything for a while now. I have an...
Replies
Views
There is power flowing. I have checked with multimeter. One light on the line works..even replaced the switch it is connected to. Rest of line...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock