Discuss Hoover for wall chasing in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I have a Hilti hoover. It can cope with dust but a cheap domestic hoover most certainly could not!

Most bagless cleaners have soppy little filter that will fill with plaster dust in 2 minutes, you would spend all your time cleaning it. Henry will be fine, just a lot of emptying compared to a full size canister machine.

i`m using a henry in bagless mode. there is a good filter, needs cleaning every couple of chases but otherwise it works well.
used for a lot of chasing and site cleaning, is still going well (except for on-off switch, killed by dust. i bypassed it and machine still works :))

20 - 30 miles of chasing? i wouldn't chase a woman that far.

and as for vacuums, for a group of electricians that are supposedly hot on correct terminology. a henry/hilti/nilfisk vacuum is not a bloody hoover. a hoover says hoover on it. same as a fluke is not a megger.

and as for vacuums, for a group of electricians that are supposedly hot on correct terminology. a henry/hilti/nilfisk vacuum is not a bloody hoover. a hoover says hoover on it. same as a fluke is not a megger.

In that case you better stop using the words aspirin, cellophane, cat's eye, escalator, lino, sellotape, thermos, jet ski, bubble wrap, jacuzzi, breathalyser, chapstick, bikini, heroin and trampoline unless you are referring to specific products that hold the trademark name. ;)

On the generic "hoover" front...the Henry range are good yokes,for the money. Nilfisk,Stihl,Hilti,and a few others are excellent machines,but it is as well to remember that the machine with the best filtration,will catch the most dust,and block quicker.

If you have a model that can be used "bagless",the main filter will bare the brunt of it,and on the premier machines,these are not cheap,or easily cleaned.

A tip for extending the life of these,is to cut the top off the new bag,you would have used anyway,and wrap it round the main filter.

As an aside,i have several of the better models,but the Steyr i purchased twenty years ago,refuses to die,and is in frequent use,including ingesting the internal detritus contained in my folks multi-fuel boiler stove,which has been the death of many a vacuum...

A Henry will do the job, but I found the bags would clog up too quickly. I use a Nilfisk multi 20, a great machine. The wall chaser plugs into the Nilfisk, when you turn on the wall chaser the nilfisk multi 20 automatically turns itself on. Also the bags last for ages before they need changing. A cracking piece of kit.

Interestingly before I purchased the nilfisk, I bought a dusk extractor from screwfix (see link below) and when I read the instructions it said 'not to be used for dust'. Work that one out- needless to say it got returned.

What a waste of time and im sure there is some trade descriptions act in there somewhere
http://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/woodstar-dc04-54-3ltr-sec-dust-extractor-230v/61772
check out page 11 of the instruction manual

A Henry will do the job, but I found the bags would clog up too quickly. I use a Nilfisk multi 20, a great machine. The wall chaser plugs into the Nilfisk, when you turn on the wall chaser the nilfisk multi 20 automatically turns itself on. Also the bags last for ages before they need changing. A cracking piece of kit.

Interestingly before I purchased the nilfisk, I bought a dusk extractor from screwfix (see link below) and when I read the instructions it said 'not to be used for dust'. Work that one out- needless to say it got returned.

What a waste of time and im sure there is some trade descriptions act in there somewhere
http://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/woodstar-dc04-54-3ltr-sec-dust-extractor-230v/61772
check out page 11 of the instruction manual
I've got a nilfisk with the auto switch on but I'm not sure which model it is now. It's a great bit of kit.

Can't open that link on the phone but it will be a chip collector for attaching to a big bench planer or spindle moulder they are no good for fine dust which is probably what it means

Last edited:

Reply to Hoover for wall chasing in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net