Discuss Hope you guys can help, how hot will it get behind my under bench top oven with a hob above on the bench top ? The cable touches the back of it in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

Jeremy clarke

DIY
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hope you guys can help, how hot will it get behind my under bench top oven with a hob above on the bench top ? The cable touches the back of the oven from the oven itself and I am sure the hob cable, I believe there is also a plastic junction box back there, could that melt or is the heat less than I imagine ..... thank you for your thoughts guys :)

Aico 3000
telectrix

telectrix

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
ovens usually have sufficient insulation so that cables etc. don't overheat.

Megawatt

Megawatt

-
Arms
Hope you guys can help, how hot will it get behind my under bench top oven with a hob above on the bench top ? The cable touches the back of the oven from the oven itself and I am sure the hob cable, I believe there is also a plastic junction box back there, could that melt or is the heat less than I imagine ..... thank you for your thoughts guys :)
You shouldn’t have any problems to worry about. It has insulation built in the inside and is very common to have a plastic box behind it and that thick cords insulation is designed for more heat that your oven will ever put out. You are safe

J

Jeremy clarke

DIY
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Fantastic thank you guys
You shouldn’t have any problems to worry about. It has insulation built in the inside and is very common to have a plastic box behind it and that thick cords insulation is designed for more heat that your oven will ever put out. You are safe
thank you so much guys,

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Reply to Hope you guys can help, how hot will it get behind my under bench top oven with a hob above on the bench top ? The cable touches the back of it in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Top Bottom