Discuss Horror story forum (with pictures) ?? in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

H

Holdyerplums

Hows about a forum where we can post photo's & descriptions of horrendous installations we have come accross. We all have phones with cameras in them now - shouldn't be too difficult, only thing is - we mustn't identify the customer I guess... ;)

Regards - Alex.

I've got plenty of horror pictures, but they probably wouldn't make sense to guys in the UK. I'll post one anyhow. The first is my work, the second is some slob's work:

Horror story forum (with pictures) ?? {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

More pictures of terrible breaker boxes (consumer units, to you all):

Last edited by a moderator:
md, apart from JEEESUS!!!!! is that a water pipe running above that board???

Hows this, a slightly overloaded incomer - yes that is molten bitumen but not to worry, they have thoughtfully cladded the wall it is mounted on with asbestos....

Regards - Alex.

Attachments

• Horror story forum (with pictures) ?? woolys 006 - EletriciansForums.net
    woolys 006.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 214
Well, I suppose that if you are working on a consumer unit, having a bit of flying metal with a mind of it's own writhing about could put a downer on your day if it splashed something. So having it sleeved for that purpose is a good idea IMHO.

I know - turn the whole board off. But if you are adding a circuit to some boards you don't have that option. Specially if it involves disconnecting the lift supply with people in it at the time!

Doing a PIR a socket had a high low ohms reading and look what I found,
well I suppose we have all dropped a screw sometime.....
haven't we.......

Attachments

• Horror story forum (with pictures) ?? CIMG1285 - EletriciansForums.net
    CIMG1285.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 132
from the old make do and mend days?

dont worry eccles its only a gag

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Horror story forum (with pictures) ?? in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock