Discuss Horstmann timer on/off switches? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

nwkh

-
Reaction score
Hi All-
We are having some issues and think our electric brick heaters might be coming on during the day and causing our electric bill to be sky high. Can anyone tell us how to remove the extra ON OFF switches on this Horstmann timer pictured below? I have arrows pointing to the ones we want to remove at 11 and 14. Or do we just move them and double up at 24 and 7?
Thanks so much for all your help.

Timer.jpeg

it's the tab at 11.oo that needs to be set to off.

try it. you can then turn the dial manually to see what happens.don't forget to reset to correct time after.

Ask your supplier what the cheap hours are as they may be not as you are set to could be a few hours during the day.Is this your time clock or the suppliers?

Giving a little more thought. .... Should I put the two ONs in the same place and the two OFFs in the same place at 24 and 7?? Dont want the second ON right at 7 to just switch it all back on again...

just have a play with it and don't worry if it goes bang, we have a wonderful NHS.:D

I think a photo of your meter was requested on your original post.
Before anybody is able to make a meaningful comment we need to ascertain what set up you have, an overall view. It may be that the time clock pictured is not yours to alter, it could be your energy suppliers property in which case they could be liable for a proportion of your high bills.
If you could post a photo encompassing your meter, the timeclock and your fuseboards/consumer units that would be a help. A close-up of your meter could well be helpful as well.
If the clock is connected directly off the meter, I would not be advising that you alter it for both safety and contractual reasons.
The most comprehensive answers to your queries are going to be given by either your energy supplier or following a visit from a local electrician. There is at least one from Bath on this forum

Reply to Horstmann timer on/off switches? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net