Discuss hortsman economy 7 quartz system faulty in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

B

bones101

Hi all and thanks in advance for any help.

I live in a all electric flat and we have a hortsman econmy 7 quartz hot water system, recently the off peak immersion went and we have been stuck using the boost for a few days as and when we need hot water. we are in the middle of trying to contact our landlord to have this issue resolved but while doing so the boost dial seems to no longer work. i have disconnected the off peak imersion from the unit as this trips the fuse when its due to come on as its knackered, i have wired the boost imerssion into the normal timed unit as a temporary solution. other than having to change the of peak immersion i have another problem.

when the boost is wired in as it should be and under load from mains the boost light on the unit will flick on and instanlty off when the boost dial is turned from off to 60mins and will not heat the water when you turn from 60 to 0 the light will flick on an off again sort of like its tripping when under load.
strange thing is when i dissconnect the boost imersion from the unit and it is no longer under any load i can turn the boost dial from off to 60mins and the light will come on and count down as it should but obviously there is nothing connected so its not doing anything.

so im a bit confussed as to wether the unit is faulty or not as under no load boost timer works normal but under load nothing.

any help much appreciated.

As driverman says, get your landlord to fix it. He may otherwise charge you if there's evidence that you've tinkered with it without his permission.

It's not uncommon that the economy 7 controller gets damaged and needs replacing when the immersion heater elemant fails.

Inform your Landlord to get it sorted. I believe should be done within a couple of days.

sorry but i did already say trying to get in touch with landlord would appreciate a reply to the qeustion not a reply to something ive already got underway but as my landlord is a pain to get in touch with i wanted to try and see if i could simply correct it myself. answers to the question welcome.

it seems strange that when i disconnect the boost immersion from the unit the boost light stays solid and counts down but when the boost imersion is connected to the unit i turn the boost dial from off to 60mins the light flicks on then off straight away and doesnt count down, theres nothing wrong with the boost immersion itself as i have wired it up to the off peak side of the unit.

Reply to hortsman economy 7 quartz system faulty in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock