Discuss Hortsmann E7 Quartz 1 hour Boost Not Working in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

saajyz

Hi..
Can someone help me out with this Hortsmann E7 heater's 1 hour boost. The light comes on when I switch on the 1 hour boost but the heater just does not kick in.. its not heating the water at all.. the main timer and the off peak heating is working fine .. its just the 1 hour boost that is the problem. I have checked the wires and everything and all seems ok.

Last time when I had the same problem the maintenance guy from the agency came and just checked something on the thermostat itself using some kind of a meter (I guess) and it started working.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks.

Possibly if you are in rented accommodation you should not be attempting repairs, so be careful what you are doing.
The one hour boost usually operates a different element to the off peak heating and it sounds as if this element has failed.
If you know how the system works then isolate all power to the immersions (both of them) and try pressing the reset button on the element (red dot).
If you do not know how the system works then call out the agency, it is not worth risking your life for hot water.
If this has happened before then your element may be failing so it may require a new element.
immersion.jpg

just to add. the reset button may be on the stat.

Reply to Hortsmann E7 Quartz 1 hour Boost Not Working in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, My hot water hasn’t been working properly since beginning of Jan, only working when I press the boost mode for an hour. I had a new timer...
Replies
Views
Hi, My flat uses an Economy 7 tariff. When I use the boost heater, it works fine. But the off-peak water heater doesn't heat up the water...
Replies
Views
Hi, So I'm trying to understand what's going on with my off-peak electricity supply, as something's wrong with it and I'm trying to determine if...
Replies
Views
Hi, need some advice, I moved over from Sse in 2020 to Octpus energy. Whilst I was with SSE I was on E10 when I went over to octopus they put me...
Replies
Views
Hi all looking for some helpful advice I'm an Aussie so go easy on me, I have a good mechanical engineering head but first time plumbing and...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock