Discuss Hot tub installations??? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Can you use a 20 amp rotary isolator for isolation of a hot tube??? The run is about 10 metres in 6mm SWA into a 20 amp isolator then straight into a 30ma RCD class 2 inclosure using a b type 20 amp mcb, there is also a B6 type mcb for a lighting circuit which is going into zone 1 which is not low voltage!!!

Im asking coz apparently even thou im 17th edition and have told him you cant have a light in a zone 1 and im pretty sure it needs to be a 45amp Rotary isolator and not a 20amp, the guy he has asked fair play has been a spark for years but does all industrial stuff and doesnt have 17th and is asking mates about how to do it!!! Me on the other hand has, but doesnt listen to me coz he trusts his mates judgement first!!!

Family are a pain in the ---!!!

Someone tell me im right please!!!

i have in the past used a 32 A rotary isolator, type C 32A breaker on 6 mm cable. This is what i install as asked for by a large hot tub company i do work for. Obviousley the longer the cable run, the cable size may differ?!

Type c is their request as they say that the pump / motor has high start induction? (overkill if u ask me, but that is what they req)

hope this helps

:D

i have in the past used a 32 A rotary isolator, type C 32A breaker on 6 mm cable. This is what i install as asked for by a large hot tub company i do work for. Obviousley the longer the cable run, the cable size may differ?!

Type c is their request as they say that the pump / motor has high start induction? (overkill if u ask me, but that is what they req)

hope this helps

:D

Yeah, you need to allow for 25% i heard, so im thinking he`s gona have trouble with a 20amp b type. plus i think he would be much better off using a 45amp isolator or even a 32 like you suggested as i think 20amp would be putting strain on it!!!
what do you think???

i recently installed a 4500w tub, 25m run 32A type c breaker, 32 A rotary isolator, 6mm 3 core swa due to low zs reading for type c breaker in regs, rcd protected obviously.

Thats at the req of hot tub company!

hope this helps

Reply to Hot tub installations??? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock