Discuss hot tub supply in domestic dwelling 32A, 100A supply in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I think there has to be a certain element of common sense here. I mean unless you plan on running the jacuzzi, shower, cooker, every appliance in the house and have every light in the house switched on, I'd say you'll be fine :coolgleamA:

No offence but do you know all aspects of electrical wiring? The sparkys on site who I meet can only wire houses, when it comes to star /delta delta 690v and control circuits with relays and plc's, the don't have a Scooby do either! We all have different fields that we are good in and when I am not sure Is ask.:89:

Sounds like you are from the recently qualified part of the industry who believe it is split into domestic, commercial and industrial and you cannot have the knowledge or be qualified to work in all of them

I agree to an extent but regardless as to what field your in this is very basic stuff ???
Only you know what your house is pulling so only you can make a decision as to whether your hot tub will overload your supply???
Say for instance your correct and your main fuse is 100 amp, do you seriously think you will pull over 100 amps at any one point????
If you are that worried why dont you switch on everything in your house and clamp it to see what your pulling !!!

And how many DNO fuses or any fuses rupture at their exact rating

I think what has been forgotten is that your hot tub will only likely ever pull 32A when first heating up. It'll just be ticking over keeping temperature, etc. for the rest of the time. If you are that worried about it turn everything else off when you first power it up!

A mate of mine has a hot tub that at the time of installation was advised it needed a 30A supply I've had a clamp on it a few times and with all the pumps (2 water, 1 air ) and heater running it draws no more than 25 Amps in normal use it is drawing about 17 Amps (heater and 1 pump). The air pump is very rarely used as it tends to cool the water very quickly and not getting many hot days in this country you want to keep all the heat you can in the water

welcome to the forum dude,check out Manchester Evening News 22nd July,Tuesday this week,Title;VERY HOT TUB...

Having read that and looked at the pictures I wonder whether that is a result of some one discarding a cigarette over the fence as they walked past. If the control equipment in the tub caught fire I would have thought it would have melted the pipes and the tub and released the water onto the fire. A mate of mine has had a few problems with his hot tub which is nearly 10 years old but this has always tripped the MCB or the RCD when a fault has occurred so it is possible the Manchester fire could have been caused by a bad installation

Looks like you're all talking to yourselves again, the OP hasn't been seen here for 2 days!! lol!!

...Just cut out the second article in the Evening News,regarding another hot-tub fire. I am folding them,and inserting them in the instruction book my good mate gave me,prior to his pending install. I feel they lend weight to my future quote...:bow: ...and to the OP, "sad,electricians ?" ...never bin' accused of being either...

now look fella pull yourself together, if you look at what you have posted again you will see you have the same as everybody else in your street except some of them have 10kw showers as well, come on man get a grip.
It is normally a 80A fuse inside. With your board up to full load tong test your incomer. For your hot tub run a 6mm T+E from your 32A mcb this will future proof your circuit. Just think there are thousands of these things are sold for peoples homes and not a problem as you are not running your board at full load on each circuit ever.

It is normally a 80A fuse inside. With your board up to full load tong test your incomer. For your hot tub run a 6mm T+E from your 32A mcb this will future proof your circuit. Just think there are thousands of these things are sold for peoples homes and not a problem as you are not running your board at full load on each circuit ever.

Worth checking the thread date. This one is 8 years old.

If worried get a priority unit so the hot tub and cooker cant both be on. Alternatively one of those matte units with whole house monitoring. Get the 60a one, route hot tub through it and if use in house goes too high the device cuts supply to hot tub. Designed for evs but can be used for other things

I think the OP gave up on this thread well before the rest of them.
I’m just imagining a huge hot tub, sitting in the garden, full of cold water. The wife fuming because someone couldn’t take friendly advice.

Pulling 60 amps with what he was saying?
No chance. 🤨

Reply to hot tub supply in domestic dwelling 32A, 100A supply in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock