Discuss hot tub supply in domestic dwelling 32A, 100A supply in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Its run off a 6mm radial B32 , to a socket outlet 13A/cooker switch to a socket outlet behind the cooker. Could I change this for a B16, as the wall the socket is on is going to be knocked down, so only need a supply for the cooker. Sorry to confuse the matter!:pirate:

Dropping MCB size will not reduce the current drawn! Daz

Think we are going off the subject in hand now though! Can anyone give me a true estimate from experience what the current load is likely to be using diversity for the installation? I've seen a post saying a good rule is take the largest breaker and add 40% for the total if the remaining! This gives me about 90 amps

Ian, apart from anything else it's your house! You know the usage patterns on this one mate. That's more use than anything you'll get out the OSG.

Dear god help me !!!!
This is year 1 college stuff and amature at best. Seriously mate i dont want to have a dig here but you should be able to figure this stuff out naturally if your a sparks ????
Let your "mate" who is going to sign it off do the whole install if he is any good and get it done properly!!!!

It's a 100 amp, type 2 b 1361 without cutting off the seals, that's what it says on the tin!:pirate:
now look fella pull yourself together, if you look at what you have posted again you will see you have the same as everybody else in your street except some of them have 10kw showers as well, come on man get a grip.

It's a 100 amp, type 2 b 1361 without cutting off the seals, that's what it says on the tin!:pirate:

So it could be a 60A then ......

I think Dazza has given the best advice of asking your mate for advice. You just seem to be confusing the forum and yourself at the moment .....

No offence but do you know all aspects of electrical wiring? The sparkys on site who I meet can only wire houses, when it comes to star /delta delta 690v and control circuits with relays and plc's, the don't have a Scooby do either! We all have different fields that we are good in and when I am not sure Is ask.:89:

No offence but do you know all aspects of electrical wiring? The sparkys on site who I meet can only wire houses, when it comes to star /delta delta 690v and control circuits with relays and plc's, the don't have a Scooby do either! We all have different fields that we are good in and when I am not sure Is ask.:89:

I agree to an extent but regardless as to what field your in this is very basic stuff ???
Only you know what your house is pulling so only you can make a decision as to whether your hot tub will overload your supply???
Say for instance your correct and your main fuse is 100 amp, do you seriously think you will pull over 100 amps at any one point????
If you are that worried why dont you switch on everything in your house and clamp it to see what your pulling !!!

Surely when the supply company connect up they have to clearly identify the current rating of the supply! The seals aren't meant to be cut off to find this out when you do an Niceic test are they?

With all respect here I panel design build and repair machinery but as part of my job title I strife to ensure im fully aware of any regulation changes and additions and keep up with other fields like domestic / commercial and Industrial installation I was trained in....Ive not done domestic for 10yrs but can still run rings around most regarding the regulations surrounding them, you've spent so long out of the loop you really only have yourself to blame here .... now my constructive advice is use this forum often and just scan the threads and replies often this will build back up what you have forgot... like it or not you no longer can say you are competent in domestic install which leaves a few option ... get outside help in or do a lot of homework and get the reg's book out and your purchase a few books.

Your cutout fuse could be 60amp 80amp or 100amp been the common rating in domestic the carrier stamp of 100amps is its tolerance not what it contains.

You will need to be aware of the nature of your supply as I assume this hot-tub is going outside? Correct me if Im wrong there.

Diversity in the regs is a guide-line and can often be over compensating for actual demand, you know your house and usage if unsure get a monitor maybe free from your energy supplier and monitor your usage...

Lastly give your lass a stern look of disagreement .... today a Hot-tub tomorrow a pearl necklace (Woah ...not that kind :grin:.. )

Why not take a week if work and use a clamp meter every 10 minutes in your tails to your DB for that week then you will know exactly what current your house is pulling?

I consider myself an all rounder yes, however that said fair enough I get your point and there has been enough advice in this thread for me to continue further. Lastly as daft as it sounds welcome to the forum mate.

Thought of that, just waiting for the wife to put a wash on, do the dishes, put on the tumble dryer boil the kettle and Hoover up, whilst cutting the grass! All this in the dark with all the lights on!:6:

Thought of that, just waiting for the wife to put a wash on, do the dishes, put on the tumble dryer boil the kettle and Hoover up, whilst cutting the grass! All this in the dark with all the lights on!:6:

So you have just answered your own question.

With all the heating on full whack, every socket in use, shower on,toaster,every light on,microwave !!!!
I think your understanding what me and the lads are trying to tell you now Ian ???

Sounds like she's well trained, did you break many sticks during the process?

Reply to hot tub supply in domestic dwelling 32A, 100A supply in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock