Discuss Hotpoint Aquarius 900 WM61 keeps tripping out the mains can anyone help? in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I just put a wash into my machine 'Hotpoint Aquarius 900 WM61. It started OK then tripped the mains switch. I've checked the fuse in the plug that works.. I'm at a loss as there's a wash inside it with water. I'm just wondering what would be the best course of action? I've not had problems with it before except the program I selected today - in times gone past it wouldn't automatically unlock the door when finished. For some reason this problem seemed to resolve itself a year ago.

Many thanks for your help.

You should perhaps visit this website as a matter of urgency:-

There are a number of recalls active on Hotpoint and Indesit models.
[automerge]1588346954[/automerge]
On the subject of the load inside, I would suggest you lookup the user manual for your machine. There should be a way of removing it, possibly by draining the water out and/or waiting.

You should perhaps visit this website as a matter of urgency:-

There are a number of recalls active on Hotpoint and Indesit models.
[automerge]1588346954[/automerge]
On the subject of the load inside, I would suggest you lookup the user manual for your machine. There should be a way of removing it, possibly by draining the water out and/or waiting.
It's been a stressful day... Note to self: When placing washing into washing machine. Make SURE the door is shut PROPERLY..! I hadn't shut the door properly. All is working fine now. Thank you for your help much appreciated.

hotpoint are notorious for the door catches. with ours you do it a woman's way.... slam it. or a man's way, slight upward pressure on the door when closing and it clicks in like a space shuttle docking. no disrespect to women that don't slam doors.

Reply to Hotpoint Aquarius 900 WM61 keeps tripping out the mains can anyone help? in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net