Discuss hottub help in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

GPack

-
Reaction score
Hi,
I have to quote to provide a circuit for a hot tub outside. Could you let me know if what I plan to do sounds okay?

So from a 30ma RCD and 40A mcb there is an existing 10mm2 twin and earth going to the garden through conduit approx 20mtrs from the board. It is PME system. From there I had planned to install a rotary isolator 2 mtr from the tub, some 6mm2 swa to the terminals. The hot tub can draw 12.6kW.

I really appreciate your help.

thanks

well could draw 55A and you using 40A mcb.. can you get mabufactures instructions... but if you have 40A mcb will protect cable,and hope doest be on for hours..... you should be fine

- - - Updated - - -

maybe a c breaker

Hi,
I have to quote to provide a circuit for a hot tub outside. Could you let me know if what I plan to do sounds okay?

So from a 30ma RCD and 40A mcb there is an existing 10mm2 twin and earth going to the garden through conduit approx 20mtrs from the board. It is PME system. From there I had planned to install a rotary isolator 2 mtr from the tub, some 6mm2 swa to the terminals. The hot tub can draw 12.6kW.

I really appreciate your help.

thanks

Your PME supply could well be a problem with an outdoor hot tub installation. Look at the bottom of this page for ''Tags for this thread'' and click on Tubs. I'm sure you'll find everything you'll need to know on installing an outdoor hot tub from these listed threads. If not, then come back with any queries you may still have....

Reply to hottub help in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net