Discuss House alarm issue in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

DIYBlues

(Why can’t I post in the alarm section about a problem with my house alarm)?? :thumbs_down:

I’ll post it here knowing it might get moved (however I won’t be able to see any responses) anyway here goes!!!

Scantronic 9800 alarm system

Hi

Stupidly I removed the cover of my alarm system which houses the backup battery and the electronics, which set of the alarm and put a fault on the keypad (tamper) which I can’t reset from. I’ve looked on several websites and followed guidance from a similar thread which stated:

1. Turn off the mains power
  2. Disconnect the battery for at least 10 seconds
  3. Reconnect battery
  4. Close cover
  5. Key in the engineers code (forgot what it was now)
  6. Repeat step 5.
Job done!!

However, when I turn off the mains power from the main board and disconnect the battery the external alarm sounds although I don’t know where it’s drawing its power from...

Needless to say when I carry out the above instructions nothing happens

Is the alarm system taking power prior to the main isolating switch should I pull the fuse on the tails, and go through the list again?

Thanks in advance
DIYBlues.

normally, you would replace the cover and enter the user code, and reset the system.. the reason you can't access the alarms forum is that it's restricted access. sometimes the installation company set the system as engineer reset. i suggest getting a local alarm engineer in to sort it out.

External bell box has a back up battery in it, thats why it still sounds after the mains is unplugged.

All covers need to be in place before inputting the engineer's code so the tamper switches are not open. If you do not have the engineer's code, you will not be able to perform the system reset it requires to reset the tamper switches.

Hope this helps
Pete

If the panel has not been set up as "Engineer Reset on Tamper", then having simply reinstated the control panel cover and puting in your own code twice, should put the panel into day mode again (you may have to press the "Clear" or "tick symbol").

If it's engineer reset, use engineer code to reset (if you have it)... you do not need to power down the panel to do this. If you don't have the Engineer Code then a local alarm Co will be able to reprogramme the panel for you.

Regards

Reply to House alarm issue in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net