Discuss house alarm in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
I have just purchased my first house which ive had to totally gut so considering adding a hard wired alarm while im at it, Im currently working in electrical maintenance and although previously completed numerous rewires haven't been asked to fit any alarms as yet.

I'm quite lucky in the fact that the house is in a quite close with lots of noisy neighbours so thinking its more of a deterrent and also future proofs the install slightly.

The property is a 2 bed mid terrace with a garage at the end of the garden which id ideally like linked are there any all in one systems i should look for or more importantly cheap diy tat to avoid

Cheap tat is usual sold in the sheds like B&Q...avoid like the plague, the likes of Response, MK and Yale. Good tried and tested systems on the market, are Texecom Premier series, ADE Accenta, Menvier M series......Texecom seem to have the edge these days, with good programming features, all have text display keypads, which can be flush mounted, making a neater installation.....A few installers on here my have their favorites, but I think most will agree on Texecom......hope this has helped

as tazz says. as to wiring, just run a 8 core to each point when 1st fixing. wire for contacts on all exit doors. remember to allow for an extension speaker at the entry /exit point.

Im in the middle of installing a Texecom system for my father in law and was recommended this by one of our alarm guys. Seems to be good quality and reasonably priced. My mate is coming out to set it up but says it is pretty straight forward, i'm sure you would be able to do it yourself. Im only giving him this as hes got other work for me!

We use texecom easy to install and set up

lcd display keypads are easier to set up then the ones without display but if you read the manual it's not to hard

Honeywell ADE Accenta. Fitted loads of these with no probs. Get the LCD one as easier and also looks smarter for customer. Brewtime do good package deals inc panel, bell, pirs,, d/c's, cable etc

Reply to house alarm in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock