Discuss House earthing from an off grid solar system in the Solar PV and Solar Panel Installers area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Reaction score
The treads about "exporting" TN-C-S earths are not relevant in your case, these are about using a TN-C-S earth from the national electricity grid outside of an equipotential zone. As in your case you are completely off grid and not connected to the electricity supply network it doesn't concern you as you are not exporting any earths.

I have only just seen how old the original post is, so yes as your say you have done it all now and your right it is your choice at the end of the day

Iv attached some pictures of the earthing arrangments I have mentioned, etc just for a bit of information

Thanks
Marcus, can I tap you for an opinion on my generator output. I’ve contacted the SDMO tech dept but little to no joy yet.
I have an SDMO Kohler KD425-2 diesel 10000E Silence with MODYS 9kW generator. Only 260 hours on the clock. It’s voltage output over a minute ranged from 235 to 249 volts with the frequency varying by 0.6 Hz around the 50Hz datum.
For me, this is all over the place compared to what I’m used to in my house.
In my off grid situation when we are running from the generator it trips off our combi boiler which never happens when running from our solar arrangement.
What’s your opinion of the volts and frequency please.

Reply to House earthing from an off grid solar system in the Solar PV and Solar Panel Installers area at ElectriciansForums.net