Discuss House rewires in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Shiny

-
Reaction score
Hi, I haven't worked in the electrical trade in the UK for approx 13 years. Much of that time was spent working in Canada.
Many changes have taken place during my absence and I am trying to get up to speed. I am about to rewire a house I have bought in the Market Rasen area and any advice pertaining to this would be appreciated. I have been told that ring mains are being phased out. Is this correct?

rings are not being phased out, but where a circuit is lightly loaded, e.g.as bedrooms, then a 16A or 20A radial is preferred.

Do you know about rcd protection for cabling less than 50mm in walls, rcd protection for sockets and rcd protection for bath or shower room and of course metal consumer units ? As others are said ring or radial it depends on design it could be cheeper to run in a radial if the disign current of the circuit is low

Nice area you've chosen. Company I work for are based in Louth so we do a fair bit round there. There's a cef in Louth and also an independent wholesaler (2branches) one in Louth one in Grimsby, called SR ELECTRICAL, great bunch of guys and a cracking range of gear at reasonable prices

Reply to House rewires in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

In a property with two consumer units one for the ring main etc., and the other for the 1970s storage heaters (storage heater CU looks like it’s...
Replies
Views
I have been asked to change cu from old fuse board which has 6 fuses. Only 4 fuses are used. The first fuse feeds cooker circuit. This is not used...
Replies
Views
Good day. First time poster. We recently had an electrician perform the EICR, as this is a newly purchased property I thought'd I would have the...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I am looking for some advice re: putting new sockets and usb sockets in my home. Someone will be rewiring the entire house but I have...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I just found this forum last night and figured I would post my issue since I can't find much out there with a similar situation. My job...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock