Discuss How can anyone think this is acceptable ... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I work for an Niceic company and have never heard such a thing.
If you aren’t allowed to test live then there’s no point in testing at all and providing a certificate of compliance in accordance with bs7671.
The NICEIC would never impose this on their contractors.
They may advise calculating ZS rather than direct live measurement but they can’t enforce this.

I agree the comment about the NICEIC is total bull ----

There is no way the NICEIC will suggest not pressing a button on a loop impedence tester is fine because the reading is not required, total bull ----.

I have been in the NICEIC for 26 years, I couldn't give a monkeys arm pit about what tony cable says, the inspector who I used to deal with would insist on live test results.
And he finished last year too. Agree...absolute crap.

I have been in the NICEIC for 26 years, I couldn't give a monkeys arm pit about what tony cable says, the inspector who I used to deal with would insist on live test results.
And he finished last year too. Agree...absolute crap....and I've been in for 30 years.

Yep very true, I have never heard so much rubbish in one reply lol, "dead tests are not a requirement lol", next we will be told toast can be made without heat lol.

Yep very true, I have never heard so much rubbish in one reply lol, "dead tests are not a requirement lol", next we will be told toast can be made without heat lol.
......and you'll have to isolate the property to test if a circuit is dead o_O

Reply to How can anyone think this is acceptable ... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Good day. First time poster. We recently had an electrician perform the EICR, as this is a newly purchased property I thought'd I would have the...
Replies
Views
Hello I have some decking lights which to be fair, have been nothing but pain in the bottom since they were installed. Moisture in the lens lamps...
Replies
Views
I have been asked to change cu from old fuse board which has 6 fuses. Only 4 fuses are used. The first fuse feeds cooker circuit. This is not used...
Replies
Views
In my line of work it's very rare that I ever have to change a DB. I'm largely in maintenance; occasionally have to add new circuits etc. so in...
Replies
Views
I qualified as an electrician using the C&G 2330 route back in 2012... I stayed in my current job which is non electrical so I spent 3.5 years...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock