Discuss how do i get my jib card in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I'm currently working for my self, mostly house bashing. been offered the chance of a job but when i said i ain't got my jib card, they gave me a disappointed look told me I'm not a real spark and said we cant offer you anything, I've got 17th ed, 2330lvl3. 2391, nvq3. i had a look through the jib site and gathered i need my AM2.
what exactly is am2 and how do i get it.
once Ive got it how do i get my jib card, ive got an ecs card but its not the same is it
ive spent so long not needing it ive never bothered to look into it

best bet is see JIB website andapply AAM2 is trade test thats been around since 80s mostly done at end of apprenticeship

jib site can be confusing. do i just fill the form in with my quals and send it off with a cheque and see what i get back. i dont want to waste money just to get an improver card to then have to pay for regrading when ive done my am2

You dont need AM2 . Checked your qualifications and you meet the JIB requirements for installation electrician. Download forms , copy your certs , two photos £25 and your sorted . Or it was 25 not sure now any probs give me a shout regarding the forms.

Kind Regards Das

When i sent off for my jib regrading they required all 2330 lv 3 certs,nvq 3 certs, am2 cert and completion of modern apprenticeship cert but dont know how it applies to more experienced sparks beyond the modern apprenticeship era. Although the new am2 is VERY basic if needed to sit sure experienced sparks would laugh through it. this was a regrade so different to your situation though...

the jib will issue an approved gold card without the am2 providing you have the nvq3 and proven work experience, this can be letter from previous employer or partp scheme membership etc

Reply to how do i get my jib card in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net