Discuss How do I get out of this credit agreement in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I signed up to trades collage a few days ago and have found from this thread it is a scam. I signed something and I’m guessing it was a credit agreement. It’s not been 14 days yet so I’m still in the cooling period. Can someone please tell me how to get out of this. Any help will be appreciated!

first things first, read the contract that you have signed. it may well detail your options for cancelling.

Contact the citizens advice bureau, it's free, they are trained to know exactly what to do.

They will be able to help and guide you through it.

BTW 14 days is the minimum - read your contract as it may be more.

(Although in all honesty, I find the length of cooling off period to be an indication of how good/bad the organisation is, if they only adhere to the minimums, they tend to be the worst to deal with)

Contact your bank to say no payment should be taken as you have cancelled
THis 100% .The chances are they will make cancelling as hard as possible like "You can only do it via a number " that will never get answered . Bank first . And email the company to cancel and inform them how you learnt it was a scam etc !

I signed up to trades collage a few days ago and have found from this thread it is a scam. I signed something and I’m guessing it was a credit agreement. It’s not been 14 days yet so I’m still in the cooling period. Can someone please tell me how to get out of this. Any help will be appreciated!
Hie i would like to know of your experience with this college

Not one of these training scams, but still a scam through e-bay and PayPal, I contacted the Financial Ombudsman and even PayPal eventually found in my favour, don't fret there are ways to get your monies back from these rouge traders.

Did you pay through Visa, they are a route to get your credit agreement cancelled.

Reply to How do I get out of this credit agreement in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net