Discuss How do you do it in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

the pict

-
Mentor
Reaction score
A persistent ballache, Joining T&E to SWA I have tried various methods and all work, metal enclosures, wiskas, butt joints , henlys in boxes , is there a way I have not thought of ? a resin enclosure with a flat end and a round end, and please if you cant think of something do not resort to puerile slagging, you are not 14 and on facegram or instabook

for small stuff...upto 6mmm, i always use a wiska box or similar. bigger cables would be henlys in a suitable enclosure. occasionally done a soldered joint with heat shrink inside the property. if i was working in america, i would, of course, use fire wire nuts.

for small stuff...upto 6mmm, i always use a wiska box or similar. bigger cables would be henlys in a suitable enclosure. occasionally done a soldered joint with heat shrink inside the property. if i was working in america, i would, of course, use fire wire nuts.
Cheers I have a issue with a 10mm T&E installed by the builder through a stone wall its getting changed to SWA dropping from the attic "eventually" I just need to get it connected for a campsite bothy to allow the job to progress a bit

10mm you need decent connectors in a box. i can only recommend henleys.don't think wagos will cope.

a good hammer save splaying out too many strands.

I like resin joints, you can usually cut the end of the shell to suit the shape of the cable. Then seal it up with putty/ deso/ whatever. Remember the shell is just there to hold the resin until it sets.

I like resin joints, you can usually cut the end of the shell to suit the shape of the cable. Then seal it up with putty/ deso/ whatever. Remember the shell is just there to hold the resin until it sets.
Yeah thats an idea and I have one in the van cheers I will sus it out tomorrow

Also if you use a bigger shell you have more room to make connections, costs a bit more in resin but less swearing.

If it is going to be inaccessible, resin joint every time, but like the OP have tried various methods!
Doesn't have to be a conventional underground joint kit a wiska or similar filled with resin will do!

All the above intrigue me; anyone got pictures of the above? I'm all for learning those handy little nuggets

Reply to How do you do it in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock