Discuss How do you get customers? in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

Balarizaaf

I am going to spam all the city with direct leaflets distribution, I also got one gumtree advert, but I dont think people will call from gumtree for a PAT Test;p

Do u have any other ideas or methods? I want to visit all shops, hair stylists, letting agencies, hotels...

Last edited by a moderator:
In 3 years of self employment I have never advertised.
I get all of my work through recommendations, and I get plenty of work.

How did you get your first customers then, they must have found you somewhere?

Gumtree is only £5 per month, and i also use FreeIndex too, and I have an advert in my local trade magazine which works for me.

I got a call from someone yesterday from Gumtree, they have just confirmed this morning after giving quote last night, £1000 profit in it for me, so its definitely worth a try on Gumtree.

Then again, I just got a call 10 mins ago, again from the side of Leicester where I refuse to do work for them as they never want to pay and barter etc... my flat had just had a bit of a flood and now the power doesn't work, I need an EICR. I said ok, £130 but I don't cover that area because I have trouble agreeing prices and getting money out of people. He said its ok, ill pay you, it wont take you long, how about we say £50, that's fair he said.... I gave him a few choice words then hung up.

See what i mean, every time!

In 3 years of self employment I have never advertised.
I get all of my work through recommendations, and I get plenty of work.

I continued to sub for my previous company for about 6 months.

The clients of theirs who always requested me by name soon found out my number, the office staff at the company would give them my number when they rang up for me!

I also had a 6week job rewiring a theatre lx system already lined up beforehand.

And once word got around from there my phone never stopped ringing.

This is in the PAT testing area - does he mean get PAT testing - if so good luck as its a mugs game.

true. tbh, I've pretty much stopped doing it now. no real money to be had out of it, and it's dull work. only people I do it for now are good friends if and when the need arises.

Reply to How do you get customers? in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net