Discuss How do you get on the register to fit EV points? in the Electric Vehicles Advice Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

B

BrightSparx

I'm currently fitting EV charging points for someone else, I wondered if anyone knows how to get on the register to be able to fit them myself? As I'm getting a lot less than what I could be getting doing the same work!

If you're installing them now, then what's the point of being registered with a scheme of whatever as competent?? Clearly the registration scheme isn't working!! lol!!

I just don't understand all this crap about having to register for this that and the other, if you're a fully qualified electrician that can read any special requirements needed for the installation then you should be qualified to install a bloody charging point!!

It's just looks to me, like another money spinning hoop for another or the same parasitic organisations...

My business nose tells me having to register (i.e. providing someone with some of your cash) will be coming soon .......

There are various names for it but to be polite its commercial entrepreneurism ........ they've got you by the short, dark curlies!

Its not a scheme like nic etc, its to get on a register to be accredited to claim the grant for your customers from the government

they pay for 75% of the installation costs

you need to contact the gov department called OLEV, and download an application, you do need the C&G qualification too

i have looked into it and its a bit of a paperwork ballache everytime you fit one

Its not a scheme like nic etc, its to get on a register to be accredited to claim the grant for your customers from the government

you need to contact the gov department called OLEV, and download an application, you do need the C&G qualification too

i have looked into it and its a bit of a paperwork ballache everytime you fit one

Yeah right, and i bet there's a some sort of mandatory duff training course involved somewhere in that registration too, right??

who else is a bit sick of having to dance about to these tunes...like some sort of mannequin?

you do need the C&G qualification too

Missed that, i knew there'd be a course somewhere involved!! I suppose another numbty level 3 C&G qualification too. You lot are taken to the cleaners at every turn!! A qualification to install a fancy socket outlet, ...Unreal!!

Just followed the link and it looks to me as though sub contracting to those in this list will be the only avenue for prospective installers

Chargepoint suppliers
are responsible for the provision and installation of
domestic chargepoints under this grant.
They are expected to be:
Chargepoint manufacturers which take responsibility for the
installation through contracted installers; or
Energy retailers which purchase chargepoints from manufacturers
and install them; or
Energy retailers in partnership with chargepoint manufacturers; or
 Other organisations (such as vehicle manufacturers) partnering with
energy retailers, chargepoint manufacturers and installers.

Chargepoint suppliers are required to demonstrate that installations will
be carried out by Part P registered engineers and in accordance with the
IET Code of Practice for Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment
Installation

Reply to How do you get on the register to fit EV points? in the Electric Vehicles Advice Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock