Discuss How do you guys do angles in trunking in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Gringoking88

-
DIY
Reaction score
Hi all,

Was just looking for some best practices around using plastic mini trunking.

How do you guys join trunking on corners of walls that are not right angles so you can't use the normal pre made bends. I mean I've got a vertical wall and that has got a bend of about 30 degrees in in.

Every time I cut the bloody stuff I end up with a slight gap in the trunking which does not look great tbh. I was thinking of just using caulk or silicone filler but am seeing if there any tricks of the trade?

Many thanks,

M

Hi all,

How do you guys join trunking on corners of walls that are not right angles so you can't use the normal pre made bends. I mean I've got a vertical wall and that has got a bend of about 30 degrees in in.

Every time I cut the bloody stuff I end up with a slight gap in the trunking which does not look great tbh. I was thinking of just using caulk or silicone filler but am seeing if there any tricks of the trade?

Many thanks,

M
Get one of these

Every time I cut the bloody stuff I end up with a slight gap in the trunking which does not look great tbh. I was thinking of just using caulk or silicone filler but am seeing if there any tricks of the trade
years of practice would help.

I use a small mitre saw and angle guide, along the lines of the one in image below but about half that size, it was designed for picture frame making, for angles i use a measuring device. its all about the angles!! i am a bit of a maths geek so enjoy all the planning and prep before hand :)

How do you guys do angles in trunking angle measure - EletriciansForums.net

How do you guys do angles in trunking mitre for trunkin - EletriciansForums.net

Reply to How do you guys do angles in trunking in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock