Discuss How do you in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

buzzlightyear

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
How do you keep the door open that shuts behind you and get locked out and you keep pushing the door entry system to say to the customer I'm out side, open the door.
Today in and out of the flat ground floor
Taking the gear in like a camel. sod this out came the cold chisel and rammed it under the metal door. Now I can get in and out.

How do you keep the door open that shuts behind you and get locked out and you keep pushing the door entry system to say to the customer I'm out side, open the door.
Today in and out of the flat ground floor
Taking the gear in like a camel. sod this out came the cold chisel and rammed it under the metal door. Now I can get in and out.
Stick summat over the threshold to stop the door closing all the way.

I'd keep the door open for you, but I would need paying, in cheesecakes.. (Plural)
You would have to keep 2 meters away from me though, which would make it difficult getting through the door...

Depends on the type of locking mechanism.

If it has a yale type lock with electric release then just put it on the latch.
If it has a key lock with a knob to lock it on the inside then lock it while it's open and it won't shut all the way.
If there is a doormat pull it into the open doorway slightly to stop the door closing.
If it has a coded lock ask the customer for the code.
If it has a key lock that can't be latched ask the customer for a key.

I'd keep the door open for you, but I would need paying, in cheesecakes.. (Plural)
You would have to keep 2 meters away from me though, which would make it difficult getting through the door...
and he'd need to feed you the cheesecake with a catapult.

and he'd need to feed you the cheesecake with a catapult.

As long as I get cheesecake then I'm fine with that..

Is there a "service" button?

Failing that, the big red cylindrical door stops that you see everywhere.... i think they are marked with "fire extinguisher"... Normally hanging up somewhere on a handy bracket

Folded up bit of cardboard jammed under the door Normally does the trick..

Well normally I ask the tenant, landlord or letting agency for a key and then return it after use or if a coded door the access code, although I have used the door mat option on occasions as well

Had this very problem in a block of flats in Southampton the other day, door entry system broke so tenant is waiting to give me an electronic pass and a key to her flat then goes off to work......I then proceed to her flat.....then immediately back to my van leaving both keys in the flat ? ?

Reply to How do you in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock