Discuss How does Heatmiser control radiators ? in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Pali

-
Reaction score
I have a Boiler connected to a Megaflow and 6 Radiator Zones.

I would like each zone to be individually controlled via a Heatmiser Solution.
Keen to understand how each of the individual thermostats (Neo Stat) will tell each individual radiator valve to open and close deepening on the temperature required.

Heatmiser tech support advise that I can use motorised valves to achieve the same. But not sure how that will work

I think the only way is to have an 8 Port manifold & Actuator. The thermostat will tell the actuator to open and close the valve on the manifold which in turn will warm up individual zones as required.

Please help.

I have a Boiler connected to a Megaflow and 6 Radiator Zones.

I would like each zone to be individually controlled via a Heatmiser Solution.
Keen to understand how each of the individual thermostats (Neo Stat) will tell each individual radiator valve to open and close deepening on the temperature required.

Heatmiser tech support advise that I can use motorised valves to achieve the same. But not sure how that will work

I think the only way is to have an 8 Port manifold & Actuator. The thermostat will tell the actuator to open and close the valve on the manifold which in turn will warm up individual zones as required.

Please help.
you could use two port motorised valves for each zone. The thermostat would open and close the valve depending if the thermostat is calling for heat or not.

Thanks so much Leesparkykent. Understood.
Are there any pro's & con's via using motorised valves verses a manifold solution ?

Some additional info...
I am going to have one 8 port manifold to control my 7 Underfloor Heating Zone anyway.
Thanks again. really appreciate your advice

Thanks so much Leesparkykent. Understood.
Are there any pro's & con's via using motorised valves verses a manifold solution ?

Some additional info...
I am going to have one 8 port manifold to control my 7 Underfloor Heating Zone anyway.
Thanks again. really appreciate your advice

Blimey 6 rad zones and 7 UFH zones? House must be huge! From an electrical point of view its not much different but I'm not sure about what's better plumbing wise.

Thanks Leesparkykent. Yes it is a reasonable size, a complete refurb - and going for SMART heating to save bills in longer term.

I did one just like that a year or so ago. Was a large house and had a 12 port manifold on two floors. A UH-3 on each floor too so interesting boiler call circuit for heat wiring!
All hooked up with Heatmiser hub. Works lovely.
Pic shows before the manifolds were connected.

How does Heatmiser control radiators ? Will02 - EletriciansForums.net

Use a manifold for the rads, its only point to point plumbing, and you could use the UFH pipe for the flow and return if you wished, therefore having seamless pipes to lower the risk of a leak.

Duel heatmiser UH8's and NEO Stats. Job done.

Reply to How does Heatmiser control radiators ? in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock