Discuss How does one become an electrician? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

sonny

-
Reaction score
I want to know how you proceed because in my country I only have courses that start from 4 months to 6 months and I have no idea how you can get training.Do you start as an assistant?I tried to find 4 year courses but I couldn't find it and I'm pretty sure that most of the courses in my country don't teach you a lot about electricity.What should I do?I really don't know if the degree from these courses are recognizable so I'm asking for advices.
Do you get some training in another country if you have these 4 to 6 month courses?

Where do you intend to live and work in the medium to longer term?
This may influence where you want to train and gain qualifications.
In Ireland or UK.I don't think Germany will train me because I'm an unskilled worked in electrotechnics and electronics.I have no experience in electrotechnics and I doubt that Germany will train someone who is unskilled.I heard a lot of users from other forums that if you are not skilled in this specialty it will be harder to get a qualification because no one will train someone who has a low-skilled degree.

in the UK, you can take a short course 4 -5 weeks which gives you the in to being a domestic installer, limited to working in the domestic market, join the race to compete with the bottom feeders that work for peanuts.

in the UK, you can take a short course 4 -5 weeks which gives you the in to being a domestic installer, limited to working in the domestic market, join the race to compete with the bottom feeders that work for peanuts.
But I wanted 4 years and not 4-5 weeks...Is it impossible?

You’d be looking for a tradesman or a company to take you on as an apprentice or an adult trainee depending on what age you are that’s about the only way you’ll get a 4 year course.
So do I look for the job in the EURES programme or do I call the employer without EURES?

Sorry I don’t have a clue what EURES is mate. I’d probably try and get in contact with firms local to where you’d like to set up home and go from there
Ok but do you know if you start as a labour worker if you don't have the 4 year degree in your own country?I mean I don't want to start as an unqualified worker in the electrical industry.
Do you start as an assistant to the electrician?That is what I want to know.

Ok but do you know if you start as a labour worker if you don't have the 4 year degree in your own country?I mean I don't want to start as an unqualified worker in the electrical industry.
Do you start as an assistant to the electrician?That is what I want to know.
you start off unqualified learning your practical side of the trade at the same time as maybe 1 week out of 3 going to college sometimes it’s one day a week and sometimes it’s blocks of maybe 3-4 weeks of college but in between you are out learning the practical side with the company you are employed with.

Reply to How does one become an electrician? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock