Discuss how has covid 19 caused problems with training in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
hi all ive just been informed by my college that because there not going to be opening any time soon.
to complete my day in the bay is all going to be written down as a step by step plan .
has anyone else had a similar issue

@Hclemon check with your college/training provider. I'm finishing my level 2 2365 through my local college and had this in an email from them today;

At present we are working with Awarding Bodies to determine a grade or outcome for this academic year. This process is complex as the outcomes and processes differ tremendously depending on the level, programme and Awarding Body involved. Currently the Awarding Bodies have stated that that for vocational qualifications should be placed in one of three baskets –Calculate, Adapt and Delay. Academic qualifications including A Levels and GCSEs will automatically be in the calculated.

We are writing to you to let you know that your qualification falls into the calculate basket. This means that teachers will calculate a score for you/your son/daughter based on the attendance and work submission, mocks examinations etc. demonstrated on or before March 20th. The Awarding Bodies refer to this level as “completion to a significant proportion”. This is viewed as submitted nearly all assignments or assessment, completed the majority of tests and held an attendance of above 70%. For the vast majority of students, they will have competed well above this mark and will therefore be automatically enrolled on to the next level or stage of their qualification.

If, however, there is cause for the grade to fall under this “completion to a significant proportion” threshold please be assured that we will contact you directly to discuss the situation and possible options and next steps.
Effectively telling me that based on calculation, I will have passed my level 2 and be invited to attend level 3.

ETA; I've not completed my BIAD, we were in the process of fabricating the required trunking and tray when COVID hit, we were scheduled to be doing them mid-May

Speak with your provider.

I've passed all the theory exams and they are saying this is all that is left to do. Unless there planning on doing something regarding it when they reopen in September

I've passed all the theory exams and they are saying this is all that is left to do. Unless there planning on doing something regarding it when they reopen in September
Possible, it may well be the awarding body are skipping BIAD and going off gained knowledge instead.

There is of course nothing stopping you doing BIAD at home, make yourself a rig and replicate the assessment. The diagrams are simple enough to come by, it's a materials list that seems to be the gard bit but can get an idea from the diagram.

ETA; Sure it may not count for anything but it gives you something to hone your skills on and nothing beats hands on experience, muscle memory and all that jazz

looking at it will be a lot of problems with collages for assessments now we have the 1 meter rule and i dont think this is going away ,unless to buy a bio suit for them .
There is a part of me thst thinks the bays themselves won't be a problem, generally there is a wall between you Andy her next bay so you don't needs the 2m distance, just queue control, as for the assessors; you manage on a step in step out basis - student steps out the bay, assessor steps in.

That being said 2m is now 1m so less of an issue now

to be honest im struggling with writing it all down i have to do a step by step write up of the installation
more of a visual learner
As above, get yourself a some bits a and do a mock rig, then you'll be able to practice, granted there will be an initial outlay but you'll be able to mock up any number of scenarios and, you guessed it...practice practice practice

I just finished my 2365 level 3. Had to go in college for a day to finish the test and inspection, few online assessments and its been sent off to be marked.

Reply to how has covid 19 caused problems with training in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net