Discuss How hot will the modules get in the UK? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mark_

Hi there,

Do any of you experienced chaps know what would the likely maximum module temperature would be in the uk? I am just checking the compatibility of various modules with an inverter and have hit a snag. The panel i have selected works fine until the max temperature goes over 35 deg C. I would guess that module temp would be in excess of ambient temp but Im not sure by how much. Of course I dont want to install something that wont work when it gets too hot but on the other hand there is little point searching for a panel which works up to 75 deg C when we are very unlikely to ever see such temperatures. From testing our panels before installing I have never seen one above 25 deg c but then I would expect it to rise considerably when installed with the sun shining on it all day.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

I'd say top end would be around 65deg to be safe, but it's going to be pretty rare to get above 55-60. I've definitely done installations where the panels are too hot to touch for longer than a few seconds, so reckon those numbers are about right.

they will definitely go significantly above 35 degrees though.

Reply to How hot will the modules get in the UK? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Doing a cable calc for college and need to know the ambient temperature of this circuit - Supplied from a board inside where the ambient temp is...
Replies
Views
Calculate the temperature rise in a system consisting of six conductors carrying 1500 amperes each at 132kV, insulated with XLPE, and spanning a...
Replies
Views
Now Ive done Periodic Inspection and Initial Virification Qualifications with LCL/EAL (so non C&G 2394/95) # strange part building Modules , this...
Replies
Views
Hi all, just looking for some advice about getting into site installation work. Currently 32 yo, 1.5 years qualified gold card in electrical...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've just had some electrical work completed in the bathroom; I've recently refurbished the bathroom, replacing the old electric shower with...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock