Discuss How is Work?? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

charlie1

Hi

Just wondering if the electrician industry is picking up at the moment. By looking on the plumbers forum its really negative on their and people saying they are even making a loss and others willing to work for free!

On the electrician forum its seems to be more positive with people advertising jobs etc. And people just seem generally happier!!

Charlie

About a week before the election had to keep checking the phone thought we had been cut off. Friday it hit the fan and I now have 8 jobs in hand and a further 7 in the pipeline when builder is ready. Mind you thats probably it for the rest of the year:eek:

Chris

that as well! lol

was a **** job, and the comanie we were subbing for had 2 sparks who were cowboy's. Hammer and cold chisel to crimp the lugs onto the mains! swa cable supplying the submain boards had there armour earthed by pipe clamps and that was the sole CPC. I wont be working with them again!

about 3 days a week if im lucky its very distressing but on the upside found out im having a baby boy due on september the 25th downside im getting a bit depressed about cashflow i was going start looking for a weekend job until the missis decided to go back on the communiy care working at weekends for a couple of months tried talking her out of it but you know what women are like stubborn as a brick

works spose be picking up as theres a few jobs in the pipeline but its waiting for it to start

Reply to How is Work?? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

So, I got a level 2-3 electrical installation diploma fresh out of college with no experience especially onsite. I was wondering whether working...
Replies
Views
So I have tried applying to every electrician mate/improver jobs there is on every job websites and I got a few calls saying that they want guys...
Replies
Views
  • Article
ANNOUNCEMENT: New Moderator Assigned: @Megawatt (Please congratulate!) @Megawatt has been a forum member for a while now, he's an American chap...
Replies
Views
Looking for a bit of advice from the wider audience / those who may have done similar before. I entered the game a bit later / in a non...
Replies
Views
Hi there, This might be a bit of a long shot, but doesn't hurt to try. I'm based in South West London (Richmond/Twickenham) and I'm about 7 weeks...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock