Discuss How long does it take to get a NVQ and best route to get it in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

B

babySparkie

Hi just finishing my 2330 level 3 and now have to complete my level 3 nvq. How long does it take? Does it have a minimum time frame you have to work before they let you get it? And also what is the best job to get because not all electrical jobs give the experience you need to complete all units so you can qualify for it???

Have a search online for providers, there are quite a few i.e delta, xs training. I think 3 months is the minimum time frame? but you neeed 3 good jobs or a combination of smaller jobs to be able to complete all the units in the nvq 3 times. At least one of the jobs would need to involve conduit/trunking with pvc singles. One of the units is fault finding so you may need 3 fault finding jobs also unless you do some fault finding on your 3 other jobs. Hope this helps.

Have a search online for providers, there are quite a few i.e delta, xs training. I think 3 months is the minimum time frame? but you neeed 3 good jobs or a combination of smaller jobs to be able to complete all the units in the nvq 3 times. At least one of the jobs would need to involve conduit/trunking with pvc singles. One of the units is fault finding so you may need 3 fault finding jobs also unless you do some fault finding on your 3 other jobs. Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot for your response

Hi just finishing my 2330 level 3 and now have to complete my level 3 nvq. How long does it take? Does it have a minimum time frame you have to work before they let you get it? And also what is the best job to get because not all electrical jobs give the experience you need to complete all units so you can qualify for it???

How long it takes depends on how much effort you put in to it. Your optional units should be decided between you, your employer and your assessor, this will make sure you do the ones applicable to the type of work you do. Your provider should give you all the support and guidance you need, if they dont' you have been had.

Cheers.........Howard

I'm coming towards the end of mine now, I have 4 units left to complete. Started it in January and have had to put some proper time & effort into it. It really isn't the breeze some think. Maybe didn't help that I had my 2330 written exams few weeks back so if I wasn't working, looking after my two kids, revising for written exams or having a poo, then I had a chance to hit the NVQ.

Jokes aside, just don't think you can leave it til a month before it's due then suddenly chuck it it together. It can be quite involved indeed. Doing mine through local college for about £500 I think.

SSOTN

Congratulations SSotn, I am in awe of you! I can't wait to complete it and become qualified. Yes, the AM2 too :)

i think it could take up to 2 years but if you had all the resources and all the job types to do it could be done quite quicker it all depends on the effort and if you can get to do all the types of installations needed to comply, i did my level2, level 3 and then i moved to a company with apprentices that trained with jtl and enrolled with them and ever since, iv done my nvq level 3 portfolio, key skills, 17th edition and im doing my am2 prep this week and just about to sit the am2 next week jtl are by far the best learning provider very a committed provider too.

Reply to How long does it take to get a NVQ and best route to get it in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock