Discuss How many 50w equivalent LED downlighters to use in a 12'x10' kitchen in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

H

harry olee

I am planning on using GU10 2800k 35 degree Megaman LED lamps which are claimed to be equivalent to 50watts. The ceiling height is 2.5M and the ceiling area is 3.0Mx3.7M or 10'x12'approx. I understand that within a kitchen (as a rule of thumb) that 2watt/ft square is required for adequate illumination.That would be 120x2watts/50 or 5 lamps. Should I add 2 more, making 7 in total as I am uncertain that manufactures equivalent wattage claims in the case of low voltage LED lamps should be taken with a pinch of salt?

How many 50w equivalent LED  downlighters to use in a 12'x10' kitchen {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

There you go an alternative, simple, effective, cost efficient and much much better than torches recessed into a ceiling

if you plan your downlighters to be 3 ft. apart, you won't go far wrong. this spacing should give adequate light andm as joists are spaced at 18" centres, each one should be clear of the woodwork.

50 watt equivalent LEDs need be 320ish lumens. As above siad any further apart than a meter and you will get shadows.
Do you have access above or are you using the old skewer method and hoping for the best. Post two urghh what an ugly speed bump

50 watt equivalent LEDs need be 320ish lumens. As above siad any further apart than a meter and you will get shadows.
Do you have access above or are you using the old skewer method and hoping for the best. Post two urghh what an ugly speed bump

I assume this is in a grid pattern across the ceiling? I have access and the joists are 400mm apart.
Thanks

3 rows of 3 lights each. sorted.

Attachments

• How many 50w equivalent LED  downlighters to use in a 12'x10' kitchen 25-11-2012 16;47;34 - EletriciansForums.net
    25-11-2012 16;47;34.jpg
    395.6 KB · Views: 120
obtainable at b&q. . cheap guttering at 50p/foot. end stops 70p each.

we could go back to this, but then have all the riff-raff knocking on the door, thinking it was a pawn shop.
How many 50w equivalent LED  downlighters to use in a 12'x10' kitchen {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Well we all love flou tubes in kitchens, however I put something similar to this up recently and thought it pretty

Don't forget the LED tube though, 4000k+ for the 21st century :lol:

Attachments

• How many 50w equivalent LED  downlighters to use in a 12'x10' kitchen Endon Lighting  T5 - EletriciansForums.net
    Endon Lighting T5.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 50
Well we all love flou tubes in kitchens, however I put something similar to this up recently and thought it pretty

Don't forget the LED tube though, 4000k+ for the 21st century :lol:

These look like the fittings I spotted in that new Bond film....yeah I know i'm a sad *******. Where can you get these from?

They were given to me by another boss and came from CEF, one of the ballasts went bang 5 mins after running...wanted to nab that one for a LED conversion but CEF didn't want to discount it. Anyway, the picture I borrowed is of a 'Endon Fluorescent Drop ceiling fitting T5', quick google and just over £100 + Vat. Sure there are plenty of others of same design for cheaper

Reply to How many 50w equivalent LED downlighters to use in a 12'x10' kitchen in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock