Discuss How many circuits do I have in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Forty_Two

DIY
Reaction score
I want to get an EICR on my house, the cost seems to be based on how many circuits I have - what do I do to find out how many circuits I have?

Count all your circuit breakers and/or fuses bearing in mind some may not be in use even if there is one there. Post up some pics.

I have two CU's. On under the stairs that serves the house and one in the garage that serves a two room extension and the garage. Some of the 'fuses' are not in use e.g. there is one RCBO in the garage which is waiting for my EVC to be installed.

Attachments

• How many circuits do I have CU Garage 1 - EletriciansForums.net
    CU Garage 1.jpg
    522.5 KB · Views: 31
  • How many circuits do I have CU_main_house - EletriciansForums.net
    CU_main_house.jpg
    329.9 KB · Views: 30
  • How many circuits do I have Fuse Box-House - EletriciansForums.net
    Fuse Box-House.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 32
Single insulation on mains connection to bell transformer. C2 or possibly C1 if exposed copper showing.
Whole second CU shouldn't be in the meter box, but that's nothing to do with an EICR.

Single insulation on mains connection to bell transformer. C2 or possibly C1 if exposed copper showing.
Whole second CU shouldn't be in the meter box, but that's nothing to do with an EICR.
is this the thing you refer to? (I don't think it supplies anyting 0 I don't have a 'bell')

Attachments

• How many circuits do I have bell - EletriciansForums.net
    bell.png
    692.9 KB · Views: 23
Reactions: DPG
is this the thing you refer to? (I don't think it supplies anyting 0 I don't have a 'bell')

If it's not in use then it could do with disconnecting and the feed cable removing.

You have at least fifteen circuits. Without physically carrying out the EICR it is impossible to say from a few pics whether it would be satisfactory or not.

They will still charge to test the circuits at whatever price they said... Its only if they find C1 or C2 problems they will charge extra for repairs (or quote for them)

Most places charge per circuit. Sometimes its easy, sometimes more difficult if they don't know what circuit supplies what, and there's a lot of investigation involved.. Swings and roundabouts.

Possibly a quirk of the garage photo angle, but I see 3x L cables but only 2x N - maybe the third N is hidden behind the red? Also the red L looks possibly to have the sheath stripped back, but the resolution is not high enough to see properly.

Same photo, the E from the 8-way earth block to presumably the main CU looks to be old unsheathed tinned copper & possilbly is too thin, but again hard to tell with the photo resolution.

Out of interest, what is the reason for the EICR - own peace of mind, selling up, something else?

Out of interest, what is the reason for the EICR - own peace of mind, selling up, something else?
I'll start a new thread where I will answer that question
The question I posed in this thread has been answered - thanks

Reply to How many circuits do I have in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock