Discuss How many downlights would I need? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D

DIYBlues

Hi Guys

I just about to install a new shower and revamp my bathroom and remove the old light fitting replacing it with downlights.

the floor space is about 2.1 x 2.1 (inc shower) the shower enclosure is 1200 x 900mm. How many downlights would I use in the shower and how many would you suggest I'd use overall.

Thanks for any help you can give.

I personally would put two in the shower enclosure itself and about 2/3 in the bathroom space. Depends of course on the type of downlight you use and what sort of lamp you plan to fit. the shape of the room will also dictate the layout of the lights with will in turn dictate the quanityt you may want to use, if you cant achieve a symetrical look with an odd number then you may need to add or remove a light. some people like an over powering amount of light and others like a softer glow, i would recomend LED lamps for longivity and clean light and dont forget to buy correctly IP rated bathroom downlights.

Hi Guys

I just about to install a new shower and revamp my bathroom and remove the old light fitting replacing it with downlights.

the floor space is about 2.1 x 2.1 (inc shower) the shower enclosure is 1200 x 900mm. How many downlights would I use in the shower and how many would you suggest I'd use overall.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Get an electricain involved to design it properly, also as you are revamping your bathroom and depending on your electrical installation you may still need to consider your suplementary bonding

ELECTRICITY IN A SPECIAL LOCATION PUTS YOU AT MORE RISK,

Get an electricain involved to design it properly, also as you are revamping your bathroom and depending on your electrical installation you may still need to consider your suplementary bonding

ELECTRICITY IN A SPECIAL LOCATION PUTS YOU AT MORE RISK,

But if you were just after a qty, i would say 4, 5 at the most

Assuming that the room is 'square', and that the shower is going into one of the corners, I would probably look to fit one directly overhead the shower, then use that as my datum to get another 3 fitted to make an evenly spaced 4, or maybe six if it puts them too close to the opposite wall.

And I'd be making sure all of them were fit for zone 2 (1 may be needed above the shower) regardless of where they go, and also led.

Reply to How many downlights would I need? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock