Discuss How many kW have you installed in Feb? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

F

FIT-PV

Well... Jan was really a slow start, but ever since the announcement on 9th Feb, it has gone a little crazy.

How many kW's have you guys managed to install or get booked in before the 3rd of March?

something like 80kWp of panels, or 350 panels between 5-6 of us (one off sick for the last 2 weeks:banghead:), plus an office team to handle the paperwork.

Finishing off the last of them tomorrow, and hoping for some sleep this weekend.

eta actually that's since the 30th Jan.

Last edited:
Only managed 15kW spread over 5 jobs since Beginning Feb.

If I'm honest I just couldn't be arshed with going through all that schott that we had in November again.

I do the sales and marketing with the paperwork taking up easily 80% of my time let alone all the other stuff you have to deal with.

Actually, I'm quite happy with that figure :) Done 74Kw in the November rush

Edit:- and had the Van written off on Jan 14th by a recovery truck slamming into the back of us. Lost 1 Engineer for a week- 2nd still not back yet

Last edited by a moderator:
As above ...12kWp - 3-Hyundai and 1 Sanyo (one short of the 10 needed for the premium installer status.....however cant see me selling Sanyo going forward).

We've done 30kwp since 14th Feb,(9th Feb announcement spurred them all on) with 1 admin, 1 spark, 1 or 2 roofers depending on what they felt like on the day :banghead: we haven't chased sales they've all come to us but that's completely dried up and we have a maybe/possibly for next week and that's it. Totally cheesed off.

I haven't seen a lot of activity in our area over the last 2/3 weeks, nothing like November.

Done 43 jobs since Dec 12th. over 150 kW.

Two teams of four plus me climbing the paper mountain in office.
Slowish Dec and Jan but flying since, both teams working seven days weeks throughout Feb.

All Sanyo or Schott Mono systems.
Project mountain gone down, paperwork mountain still rising !

Have quite a few jobs booked for up to 1st April but not much after, as yet, however we recently changed our advertising approach from "financial return" to "save the planet" which has flushed out a new wave of customers.

Our scaffolders were working for three companies but only us since christmas.

both teams working seven days weeks throughout Feb.
is that not breaking working times regulations?

I worked out in November that it wasn't worth trying to push my teams too hard for too long as they just got tired and started being slower and making silly mistakes. We're doing pretty long days, but everyone's been getting at least 1 and usually 2 days off a week (except me this week who's worked straight through the weekend).

92 kwp since 6th Feb Mostly Samsung & yingli panels.

Been let done by scaffolders twice and wholesalers once but still managed to get jobs done ! we also done a museum in London only 4kw.

10 to park for 2 hours so it was cheaper to get a ticket instead of keep moving van. Took fours hours to get kit on roof.

Finished the last job today, 112kWp installed since start of Feb. We've done a couple of 50kW jobs so not had to charge around too much. Only one job booked for next week. Going forward we can't get close to some companies on price.

Tom

Just finished my last as well, happy days:)
Now we have to sit back and take a long hard look at how the company needs to revamp itself to make the most of the diminishing market.

Just finished our last one today... That makes it 112kW since 20th Feb..
ye gods man, that's 10kW a day. Out of interest, how many of your were working on that, and was it a couple of 50kWp jobs plus 3 x 4kW or similar or just lots of domestic stuff?

Just interested to know what's possible in that sort of time frame, as I thought we did pretty well but other than 1 x 20kW job the rest was all lots of individual domestic stuff.

Reply to How many kW have you installed in Feb? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net